1997 Porsche S Bike by Steiner Designs / Voltec

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":3le0ql39 said:
as it needs to hold its own against "MyTeenageself's" Shinny Black Carbon Lotus at Mayhem in June

Ptsh.

Said lotus is currently under about 3" of dust after a kitchen refurb, and wasn't a patch on this 4 years ago!!!

It'll be at Mayhem, but may still have the dust all over it :) And besides, I'm building something *JUST* for Mayhem...

Loving the porsche BTW, Has been on my radar for many years...

Great work on the brakes and especially on the forks, Herr Nick! :cool: I look forward to seeing the end result at MM.

regan_ev":3goc2sb2 said:
Great work on the brakes and especially on the forks, Herr Nick! :cool: I look forward to seeing the end result at MM.

Just waiting on a few minor bitsand bobs and then I can button it all up, in the meantime I'm still messing with the little things -Idle hands and all that :?

The Sachs shifters for one, they work just fine but showing their age with some of the plastic having gone grey - such as the barrel adjusters and the tiny covers that clip off in order to change the cable, Anyway Foz to the rescue "Again" and these NOS examples popped up, slightly different to my NEOS model but close enough for donars :D

The barrel adjusters duly got swapped as did the small allen locking bolts, and instantly made a difference (old and new - well actually the new one is the same age as the old one - but not seen any action)

Then it all went a bit Pete Tong :? I thought I'd swap the grips over like you can on Gripshift however these ones were molded onto the twist mechanism, So out came the screwdriver and one wrong screw and the internal coil spring let go and the internals fell out .... thank god it was one of the donars

Courtesy of Dan Chambers (one of the most helpful folk I know) this arrived and after a quick read I realised I'd gone in way too deep - quick re-assemble later and a fight with a big spring they were back together and then the twist grips just pop off :shock:

and now the original bodies wearing - New Twist Grip and new Sach branded grips

Attachments

• DSCN9974.JPG
    DSCN9974.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1714.JPG
    IMG_1714.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 456
  • dtm_mtb_e_99 30.jpg
    dtm_mtb_e_99 30.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 456
  • IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 456
Re:

Your attention to detail is not far off Bollox's, if you see what I mean.

Will you be riding this bike at HONC?

FD

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1i0x47fs said:
Your attention to detail is not far off Bollox's, if you see what I mean.

Will you be riding this bike at HONC?

FD

Sadly not Mike, but it will be at Mayhem

As for the bollox’s above that’s just titillation and idle hands - Bollox64 is the Zen master and takes things to the next level - I left the NOS grease inside the donors - he’d have got it out and used it :D

The Endorphin (old faithful)

Although I don't think anyone at HONC is going to know who Nick Craig is let alone confuse my bike with his as happened at the Malverns last year - even made the trade press :facepalm:

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 416
Re:

Cool!

Really looking forward to that weekend

Meeting Al on the Saturday too

FD

Back