1997 Porsche S Bike by Steiner Designs / Voltec

Re:

Don't worry, I'm on it just a few more parts to source before starting a build thread, will be a more modern take than yours(well by 2 years), but your Sachs Neos groupset is something else and they did dumb down after that

Re:

A few pics of the final result

Sachs NEOS isn't the most up market groupset but for a 1997 Euro build it fits the bill :cool:

and to add to Euro theme Magura Racelines teamed up with Continental Tyres - very Germanic combo

Porsche Bike - Steiner Designs Jurgen

Is a project ever finished - well in this case it was almost, .....however there's one thing missing thats been niggled me for a while now

the missing headtube badge !

there was no holes in the frame and no obvious sign it had ever had a badge, however having looked at Yak Boys and a few others via a Google search I wanted one to top the build off, a bit like adding a cherry to the top of a cake

Due to the size and curve on the tube nothing was suitable from the local Porsche dealership and they couldn't help - that and the cost of a bonnet badge was absolutely eye watering (and way to big)

Anyway I reached out to Jurgen at Steiner Designs to see if I could buy a replacement (In the hope they still held stock) The following morning an email arrived - I have put one in the post to you "Gratis" :shock:

Jurgen this is the second time you've blown me away with your generosity - if you read this "Ich bin dir so dankbar"

Genuine NOS badge ready for a new home :D

Attachments

• 48140958277_6e3c461060_o_zpso6fgljul.jpg
    48140958277_6e3c461060_o_zpso6fgljul.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_3912.JPG
    IMG_3912.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 259
  • IMG_3914.JPG
    IMG_3914.JPG
    463 KB · Views: 259
Re: Re:

The History Man":1ziugvoh said:
Did you take it off a German tourist’s walking stick?

Lol

its not massive granted - understated elegance, Here's one on a later model with HS33 brakes but same design

Attachments

• Porsche-Bike-S-GSIII-shocks.jpg
    Porsche-Bike-S-GSIII-shocks.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 251
Amazing project well deserving its Mayhem honours. Quite enticing as well.
May I approach you via PM Mr Retro Spud to benefit of your experience, as I fell innocent victim of lure of another ’96 Indischer Rot?

Back