Dave Yates D.O.N.K.I.S N.O.B. (Finished pics on P8)

Re: Re:

Coleman":16g7kz7l said:
Just seen this Gio - your best yet IMO. Everything about it is just right. :cool:
Thanks Adrian. Couldn't have done it without you :)

Re:

Out of curiosity - and I'm not sure if it's koshure to ask this about a specific build, or not - about what sort of cost range would this entire build have run you (not inclusing perosnal time/labour, of course) ... ?

I would think not far off 2k, as a guess, and not as much as a Klein.

sinnerman":24o0e3sw said:
I would think not far off 2k, as a guess, and not as much as a Klein.
I don't know the actual cost but it would be around that. I had a lot of the parts already so it's hard to be exact.

Cost is not the over riding factor for my bikes, it's getting them done to the highest standard and getting them done right.

to be fair, I think considering what you have the cost isn't out of the way. When compared to some Klein its cheap anyway. And Far more illusive.

I for one am glad you had the for sight to buy it, and re-create what was a Yates Icon, and possibly in retro M.T.B Terms His Crowning moment, much in the way, the D.O.G.S B.O.L.O.X is and now was for Chas Roberts.

I was only asking because I'm about 2/3 of the way through re-building my '89 Romax, and although the finished build won't be anywhere near as exacting as this bike is ... it's going to end up being pretty darn clean/good, and I know what it cost me getting it to this place; considering that I have been hunting and scrounging an scraping bits and pieces together from here and there, with some good luck thrown in for good measure ... and even doing it this way hasn't been inexpensive (its running me a fair bit more than I had initially imagined it to do).

But - as you said, "do it right ... or go home!" ...

And yours is, without any stretch or hyperbole, a truly stunning build.

cheers ...

Re:

As requested some shot of the Cats Whiskas and the DN...

Its probably because the frame is slightly smaller but its looks far racier than the Cats...

That's AWESUM.

Just one more needed for the pic...!!!!

P.S I bloody hope you have then insured, and have them carefully mounted and displayed somewhere....?

Back