MBUK???!!! WTF

kyle888

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Is it just me or is MBUK crap now I don't usually get it but I bought it for on holiday and there just seems to be hardly any thing worth reading in it especially at 5 quid!

Flipped enduro this AM that and reviews of ridiculously expensive parts!

Re:

The buying public must still be reading it though. If you go to my local trail centre there are countless numbers of people lugging heavy great AM & enduro bikes around the trails! Quite often with full-face helmets etc. Very silly. :LOL:

Re:

100% with you on that one, It's far from good :(

I foolishly bought it when I flew out to Vancouver recently and was front to back in about five minutes, no quality to it, no decent articles, advert after advert and every 'review' read like it was a paid for by manufacturer/distributer infomercial :roll:

I guess they'd argue the internet has had an impact on sales etc... and that they need to get their revenue stream from somewhere, Either way it's just not journalism and they're not doing anything to fight their corner and aid their media. I guess I'm just not their target demographic.

For the flight back I bought Canadian magazine Descent...... Much much better! written by journo's that have a real passion for the sport and with a mature style that made you want to get out and ride, sure there was still ads but it had proper in depth articles worth reading and it cost the same as MBUK.

Re:

I think "What Mountain Bikes" gone the same, I dont like it's new format OR the paper their using now :?

Re: Re:

RobMac":xkpl1d2h said:
kyle888":xkpl1d2h said:
I'm not suprised to hear that it's owned by the same publisher isn't it?
Dunno? But WMB is published by Immediate Media Co.

Yeah same. In the subscription advert there is wmb aswell and it says immediate media! Hardly any pages either pile of shit.

Also the gave best value flat pedals to nukeproof electrons at £54.99 with 3.5 stars yet saint pedals got 4 stars and are £59.99 surely for £5 extra thats still a better deal!!!
Saying that though they didnt even feature DMR v8 mags or v12's which are way cheaper and probably as good if not better and considerably better value!!! They only featured the DMR vaults at £99 :LOL: Twat's

MBUK's been utter crap since mountain biking became totally mainstream, around about 1995 or so, when they decided to place undue emphasis on 'downhill', which many of the new influx to the sport may have aspired to do, but which only a small minority actually did.

I only buy it if there's a freebie worth having. Don't think they've giving away mint stickers for bloody years ;)

Back