Crazy Frame!!!

wookiee

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Now this is something I have not seen before!!! I wonder if its noisy as the wind whistles through the frame!!!

Doug

Attachments

• crazy frame.JPG
    crazy frame.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 643
Re:

Delta7 has been making frames like that for a while now. I remember seeing an Arantix somewhere around 2011.

ZhnbL.jpg

They made 200 of those and they retailed at about $8K ... for the frame alone.

Re: Re:

Raging_Bulls":3fl1c3tc said:
Delta7 has been making frames like that for a while now. I remember seeing an Arantix somewhere around 2011.

ZhnbL.jpg

They made 200 of those and they retailed at about $8K ... for the frame alone.

Wowzer that is something else...just don't know if its the right thing for an MTB. I have enough trouble with brush/twigs/foliage getting caught in the wheels and rear mech let along getting caught in the frame too!! That and I don't have a spare 8K!

Re:

Blimey...I don't fancy having to clean the road crap and mud out of that :shock:

Then again, I doubt it would be used when it's not sunny.
Hate to think what the aero drag is, too.

All the best,

pretty sure I recall specialized making a frame like the delta 7 .... but nothing comes up on google.

not practical for off road in the UK as it will soon fill up with mud, a bit of cling film wrapped round the tubes would fix that.

Reminds me of another carbon string girder C-thru project by BME:
Photo09-02-2008192445_zps159c676f.jpg

Photo01-03-2008180838_zps05b6860b.jpg

But not as cool as their rivetted lasercut and stamped titanium Meccano frame from a few years ago:
ti_riveted02.jpg

ti_riveted05.jpg

Insanely large amount of work and utterly bonkers yet brilliant :LOL:

All the best,

Re:

Really liking that Ti one. Might even make one like that. It's basically just sheets of metal cut to size by laser and riveted together. How hard can it be?

I'd even build in some acoustics on purpose. How cool woud it be if your bike sounded like a Stuka dive bomber every time you exceeded 20 MPH?

Back