MTB Treasure Trove - Some New Pics Page 3

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Hello Retrobikers

I volunteer at The Edinburgh Bike Station a charity that does up and sells donated bikes to raise funds for various community initiatives.

Understandably a lot of what is donated by the public is old, retro even. Much of course is BSO junk and gas pipe specials but a surprising amount of quality ends up in the building too.

Consequently I have been tasked because of my super nerd knowledge of bike stuff and my known association with Retrobike to try and sell bike stuff to you guys and gals.

The thing we need to shift most is Bike Frames. The typical customer we have wants a complete bike fully built up but most of our donated bikes wheels and drivetrains etc are kaput or very tired leaving us with more frames than components to build them up with.

So as regards you guys, I have seen in the store rooms :
Orange C16R
Kona Cindercone, Lava Dome, Fire mountain
Specialized Stumpjumpers, Rockhoppers, Hardrocks
GT's in various flavours
Trek including a 9500
Cannondale
Raleigh
Dawes
Alpinestar
etc etc etc

Basically lots of retro frames and there are some nice or at least serviceable examples of quality componentry.

So if you are looking for something and not found it elsewhere then give me a shout. I can have a look, no promises mind but its not a seriously tapped resource at the moment.

Prices are set by someone else and will be fixed so negotiation I am afraid is not possible.

I will act as middle man but I get no commission so service might be slow. :xmas-wink:

Re:

Alpinestars Cromega 20" I think possibly nearly complete bike available, so yes at least one largish estay available.

Re: Treasure Trove - Edinburgh Bike Station

Sorry Boxxer, the bosses are making me do it, anyhoo why not get me doing the searching for you ;)

Re:

Just been on there website and Facebook page and cant see any info regarding what they actually have in stock and cant help thinking if they have at least a photo of each bike with a price they might shift some.

I could well be interested in a frame and fork package as i don't have anything on at the moment so would like a bit more info regarding models and sizes please.

Re: Re:

player":29wjz3zg said:
Just been on there website and Facebook page and cant see any info regarding what they actually have in stock and cant help thinking if they have at least a photo of each bike with a price they might shift some.

I could well be interested in a frame and fork package as i don't have anything on at the moment so would like a bit more info regarding models and sizes please.

Said this myself in previous thread.

However, seeing as we have a willing middle man - any chance of details on Stumpy framesets?
Would be interested in anything 19-21” , and steel.
Also interested in early steel Rockhoppers.

Lots to do, not enough staff to do it so volunteers like me do what we can. I will do an inventory and list what I can with a photo.

Looking forward to seeing what is hidden away

Back