• why an earth buy anything modern?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mark_h4dng

Fat Chance Fan
Feedback
View
I've been starting to have a look round for a new bike to replace the crash damaged bike from jan 08

I fancy getting a charge duster much like that of Kingroons (photobelow), however i already have a Yoeddy, and wonder if it will be too similar.

So thought i could sell the Yoeddy to help finance it. or should i get something completely different like a full suspension and keep the Yoeddy as it is a great hardtail. Comments appreciated.

Attachments

• Kingroons duster.jpg
    Kingroons duster.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,088
god!! i hate these type of questions!!

i wouldn't want to sell the yo but i would say go full suss if it's an allrounder instead of hardtail coz the yo is a hardtail if it has suss forks in it so if you bought another hardtail you would be doubling up, sort of.

do you HAVE to sell the yo to pay for the next one? if not then just buy the next bike :D

for the record, you'll always get the keep it and buy more argument from me!!! :LOL:

afterthought, the charge is nice though, rode a mates, liked it, and i don't think it will be much like a yo eddy, it's too different geometry wise.

you forgot the option in the poll of keep the yo, buy a charge and buy a full suss!! :D

the doubling up bit it what makes it the dilemma, The Yo is the only bike i have now, so makes more sense to buy something completely different. I borrowed a Specialized FSR and thought the suspension was great, but felt it defeated the object of riding off road. I will have a bike replacement budget of about a grand. so the Yo does not have to go.

do what i've done and build two hardtails almost exactly the same and therefore never know which one to ride and opt for teh cx bike.

:roll:

Hmmm the CX bike, I also considered one of those too, as the written off bike was an old road bike and was my commuter, so an CX bike could be quick as a commuter but venture off road too.

Mark_h4dng":1ojmwdct said:
Hmmm the CX bike, I also considered one of those too, as the written off bike was an old road bike and was my commuter, so an CX bike could be quick as a commuter but venture off road too.

i am an absolute advocate of cx bikes. think they make a lot of sense. great commuters, tough, quick enough on road, but you can drop into the woods or trails on the way home and actually use them like an mtb.

Love mine. if i had to keep one, it'd be a cx bike now.

I've got four hardtails... but I could live with two... I think.

The big full suss would have to stay and I will always keep one of these for as long as live near mountains.

Of the others the long travel hardtail is the one I reach for most often as there is very little terrain that cannot be fun-ed with this.

The super light retro Lloyd has it's place on long fast day rides where real sketchy terrain as a miniumum and it's all about speed.

The singlespeed kona is rigid and does what it says on the tin.

The fourth Hardtail is my commuter is which currently fubbared and needs loads a lovin.

If you don't live near mountains a tough hardtail is pretty much all you need to have awesome fun anywhere - better than a cheap compromised full suss if you ask me. A couple of mates have Orange P7's and they were mincing the DH boys down the Laggan black a few weeks ago - it was very impressive to see.

Back