• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Defiant

Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Feedback
View
Hi Guys,

currently i am in the process of selling some bikes to clear some funds for a dreambike,..
Since i have put the Fat Chance for sale this morning i received numerous PM's (thanks for that guys) to convince me that i should not sell them.
I really want the bike i am going for but i would like to get convinced by you guys that i do the right thing,.... :LOL:

my goal is a fully rigid titanium bike
Would you go for a custom one?,..or a retro version,..
and what is the best bike you have ever seen,..without concessions

i am counting on you guys!

cheers,

I am off to bed, have seen to many bikes to day on the internet,.. :?

you do have some verry nice bikes

is the ti dream bike a rider ? i would write a list of all the features id want . also all the things i didnt like and determine exactly what i want the bike for

is it going to be an exquisit thing of beauty just to look at or something you could happily lock up and walk away from and where do you draw the line between the two . very few people can come to an ultimate conclusion that it is indeed the "one" . many reach a point of having parts so great they fear using the bike and end up buying a second and there are people who always aspire to greater items and forever upgrade while never being content with the one bike they have

its very hard to quantify what a "dream " bike is and its one of those things you can only determine yourself . it would be a shame to get something so great you fear using it only to get other bikes to use instead of . then you are left wondering if you should have kept the ones you had in the first place and did you possibly overlook the likelyness that they were the "dream"

if i could have absolutely anything i wouldnt stray too far from what i already have . if i had something amazing i wouldnt use it so it would be pointless me having it . so really the dream bike for me would be the one that i was riding at the time . after all we change as people and our wants and desires evolve .

i think the best bike in the world is the one under the rider with the big smile

go for a jones spaceframe, retro style....modern comforts.

well thats my dream.

i have a rigid mongoose titanium (mid retro 1999)
modern build nothing special (lx/xt) with carbon bontrager switchblades.
i ride that a lot.

Tricky one my good friend. If the Titanium bike is the one I think it is I'd sell them and buy it- it's a special machine. On the other hand, of all the bikes that came and went last year it's the Yo that I most regret selling- it was a great looking bike and nice to ride in any situation.

The problem with dream bikes is that you spend all that time and money getting it perfect that it becomes impossible to justify using it in anger.

If you want a Ti bike as a 'rider' just buy a Hei Hei. They are relativly easy to find and not too expensive. Build it up with what works- a mixture of old and new. They are great to ride and all day comfy, they work well with an 80mm fork and can do just about anything. I'm smitten with mine, it's not as flashy as a Merlin but as a user it's as good as it gets!

I often think of selling up and buying one do-it-all high end bike but can never bring myself to do it.

Russell":1gucwhz7 said:
I often think of selling up and buying one do-it-all high end bike but can never bring myself to do it.

buy the do it all high end bike AND keep the current bikes :)

Back