Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Re: Re:

Retro Spud":1vftdbf2 said:
Hotwheels.":1vftdbf2 said:
Exceptional! Are you going to ride it or is it a Queen?
Could you ride it ? or should the question be .....should you ?

being a todger I rode an otherwise crack free Manitou FS and cracked it :facepalm: difference being they were relativity common and accessible to everyone with a big wallet, where as in all flavours from originals to repro's I'll bet you won't get past a dozen C-26/C-46/C-56 ..... so would you risk it ?

^that and Danson was able to repair mine with a skilful bit of welding, if this lets go its scary expensive wall art

I've been teased about this on IG and FB - but thing is, since completing it, I really want to give it a spin, just to say I have ridden it and to silence the naysayers! Despite the disclaimer from CycleWorks.ch / RevlRevl, I think it'll be fine. I'll have to dig out my OG team Yeti jersey, Oakley Eyeshades and my newest piece of ephemera, a NOS neon yellow Bell Image Team Yeti helmet, and go 'full pro' on it for a ride around the scenic neighborhood (maybe with someone on a real camera in tow!). I even have different tires (Smoke and Porc) for the ride out - these NOS will be preserved for show only!

sinnerman":1vftdbf2 said:

AWESOME! Not seen that one before! Thanks.

Attachments

• Juli Smoke Porc small.png
    Juli Smoke Porc small.png
    370.3 KB · Views: 457

regan_ev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Retro Spud":1tkuec91 said:
just spent the past 30 mins to re read the thread from the beginning...

great read :D ... what a journey !
Thanks Nick!

I already have plans for C-26 v2.0! Watch this space (well, that'll be another thread!) :xmas-wink:

mtnwing

Retro Newbie
Re: C26

Just spectacular. Well done. A great tribute to everyone who worked in the Yeti Durango Factory making great cutting edge american products. Also a tip of the hat to Tomac and Furtado and the others that ripped on this special horse.

regan_ev

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Re: C26

mtnwing":23uz0f64 said:
Just spectacular. Well done. A great tribute to everyone who worked in the Yeti Durango Factory making great cutting edge american products. Also a tip of the hat to Tomac and Furtado and the others that ripped on this special horse.
Thanks Tucker! Your build was as inspiring as the rest!

velofrog

Gold Trader
MacRetro Rider
Yeti Fan
Feedback
View
Re:

Back in the mists of time when I used to race we called this tyre combination “smokey bacon” :LOL: :cool:

Attachments

• 8F3E098B-D0FD-4138-9740-76CF89499F89.jpeg
    8F3E098B-D0FD-4138-9740-76CF89499F89.jpeg
    342.3 KB · Views: 343