WTF Onza Downhill/Trials Homebrew

Looks like gravity is the only means of propulsion on this one. Someone has gone to quite some effort to build it but what for? Is this another niche of cycling that has passed me by? Description says downhill bike.

https://www.easyliveauction.com/cat...ns-sign-up-for-the-next-one-antiques-lot-537/

View attachment 756244
There was some sort of niche of cycling basically where you need to be as aerodynamic as possible and just throw it down a hill timing yourself.

At least I think that’s what it is

I wondered that but expected a fairing if it were for that? Is what I thought are the clamps for the clip on bars actually for a fairing to attach?

Serious comment here... is it a dogsled scooter? They used to do races round Grizedale Forest in the Lakes with things a bit like this.

gravity racing.

guy martin did a bit of it on tele recently.

usually use BMX but no reason not to use this.

I've been following Bicycle News and Review for a while now, and they always provide such great insights and updates on the latest trends and innovations in the cycling world. I can't wait to see if they cover this Onza Homebrew project. It's always a fantastic resource for staying in the loop about the coolest gear and projects in the cycling community. If anyone's got more info or experiences to share about the Onza Downhill/Trials Homebrew, I'm all ears (or should I say, wheels?). It's these kinds of community-driven projects and innovations that make the biking world so exciting and dynamic.
AI?

Back