Kona Hei Hei 1991 British Championship Contender

Love the bike, but as previously mentioned, dont think Maguras suit the bike IMO 😉

But overall its utterly gorgeous ❤ I need a Hei Hei in my life 😍🥰

Not to mess with your ocd ☺️ but the seat tube sticker is a 93 Kona headtube sticker this is my 93 Cindercone for reference

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230801_141128.jpg
    Screenshot_20230801_141128.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230427_182629_edit_1593733492376083.jpg
    IMG_20230427_182629_edit_1593733492376083.jpg
    755.1 KB · Views: 15
Not to mess with your ocd ☺️ but the seat tube sticker is a 93 Kona headtube sticker this is my 93 Cindercone for reference
Yes I know, I replaced as found and the original owner was adamant that they were original therefore thought, why not another quirk!

Nice to get a ride review and lovely back story 😎 When done right Ti forks add so much to the ride. XTR came out in 91, I had it £££ oc.

Attachments

• IMG_2650.jpeg
    IMG_2650.jpeg
    92.2 KB · Views: 13
Nice to get a ride review and lovely back story 😎 When done right Ti forks add so much to the ride. XTR came out in 91, I had it £££ oc.
Thanks for your kind comments.
Nice detail, I think Dave was using at the beginning of the year and I’m assuming xtr came out part way through the year. Plus availability for a new groupo might have been challenging.

Love this, the heritage, the story!

IMO - loose the project 2 stickers!
Keep the maguras, not the prettiest but image they work better than XT canti’s and feel like the kind of thing the bike would have been upgraded with (you can tell by mine authenticity isn’t a thing for me!)
Definitely try and find some cable guides for the hoses and shorten them! I’m sure pros in the day elec’y taped, but it does look a bit messy.

Ride and enjoy! B

Thanks for taking the time to review.
I'm slowly getting all the XT brakes, so I'll try them both. I suspect the XT will be for show and the Maguras for using.
Concur with project 2 stickers, if I ever do bom I'll bin them off.
Cables, that's a new comment I'll have to take a closer look later. With the Maguras I need something extra on the top bar, but with XT brakes the cables will be fine.
Any way thanks

I put XTR V's on mine so needed an extra cable stop on the TT - there was simple aftermarket ones (Jtek) that clamp on and look neat enough, I'd be surprised if there wasn't one for hoses rather than cables...

I put XTR V's on mine so needed an extra cable stop on the TT - there was simple aftermarket ones (Jtek) that clamp on and look neat enough, I'd be surprised if there wasn't one for hoses rather than cables...
Why not full housing up to the V-brake noodle thingy?

Back