Wrist watch and timepiece discussion thread

Have woken the Zeno Army 300m!
I have a soft spot for watches with offset crowns, it works so well on larger or divers watches, means the crown doesn’t dig in when you bend your wrist. Small design changes like that make a watch for me.
I have a Tudor with an offset crown and a couple of Omegas with the crown on the left hand side and it makes them far more user friendly.

Thanks! I was lucky that I started collecting years ago, before the recent tsunami of interest in watches so I didn’t have to pay the mad prices of today. I also bought into 70s watches when no one else was showing love for them so got them cheap, I just loved their crazy designs.

Sad thing is some of my watches have gone up so much in value that it takes the fun out of wearing them and I’ve had to get a safe deposit box at the bank to store them, but I swap them around every few weeks and wear them all on rotation. No safe queens here. My absolute favourite is my Explorer 1655. The previous owner wore it every day for 40 years and loved it, so I have to continue that tradition.

i do post up a few more on my IG @stonethrowing along with a bunch of bikes, and cats…
Great collection. Between the bikes and watches I had to start following on insta

Also in to watches. Pretty much exclusively tool watches. To me they offer the most wearable style and open up every price point. Always looking for the next one but current wearers are a Christopher Ward C4, CWC G10, Seiko SKX009, G-Shock Mudman and a Speedy which has always been my dream watch watch since I was a kid.

Back