Wishing everyone strength for the coming months.

My_Teenage_Self

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Here we go; Lockdown 2.0.

I hope you're ALL in a good place to see this through. My thoughts are with those of you that have had a rough year.

my personal hope is that Retrobike can remain a bastion of support, creativity, humour and positivity throughout this. If you need help or support, speak up. The 'mental game' of covid is hitting a lot of people. Hard.

Peace.

Steve

Congrats Stubb - 2nd reply and you missed the point entirely. Did you even read what I put?

FYI; the survival rate is around 98.5%, you've quoted the crude mortality rate. The tests are not fake - I suspect I may be one of the only people on this forum that can actually, factually dispute your claim.

Jeezus. Thread ruined by the second reply.

I was hoping they would close the schools and colleges. Then I wouldn’t have to go to work. Johnson is in a right ol mess. The party of business has to keep paying out on benefits. Thanks China what a mess you have started. A lot of every day people have had their life f**ked and when will it end?

Thanks Steve.

I am fortunate in that i am in a stable position for the time being, i know there are many who are not, in one way or another, and my thoughts are with them. And though i may not be able to offer much in the way of comfort, i will always find time to listen if anyone needs someone to talk to..

Hoping everyone stays well

Mark

Re:

Nice shout Steve,
I'm lucky enough to be working & have plenty of tat to keep me busy when I'm not.
Although seeing the effect this is having on people's mental health is troubling me, I just hope that people who need help or even just a chat can find the support locally.

Re: Re:

MR OX":2fykdfu6 said:
Nice shout Steve,
I'm lucky enough to be working & have plenty of tat to keep me busy when I'm not.
Although seeing the effect this is having on people's mental health is troubling me, I just hope that people who need help or even just a chat can find the support locally.

Totally agree. I'm also working, and grateful for it. Not everyone has been that lucky.

More difficult times are on the horizon, I wish everyone the best of luck with what may be approaching, which I fear may be worse than what was experienced March/April this year. There is of course hope on the horizon, of vaccines to blunt the spread of the virus, and the likelihood that some aspects of the "system" in which we live will need to be rethought for the better.

Not to make this about politics, but I feel the virus and the resulting tough decisions our leaders have had to make regarding balancing health and life vs economic considerations has revealed a number of big issues in the way we live and work nowadays. For instance, our economy and our lives ave been progressively squeezed into a corner where everything is leveraged to the max, and there is have virtually no slack available to deal with any kind of crisis or unexpected stoppage of any sort. Almost everything and everyone has been made to (and got used to) operate in a state of teetering on the edge of total collapse. Now this killer virus comes along and all that was needed was to shut down almost everything for a month at most, but we couldn't do it properly because the system can't handle not having every singe able bodied person of working age at work 40+ hours per week, or every pound in everybody's pocket being spent on consumerism (OK, I exaggerate). My conclusion is that I hope we learn from all this and rebuild a more human, kinder, yet resilient system with a better work / life / health balance.

I'm v lucky in that I am working and my job can be done from home, and flexibly, but being in the public sector in a non-essential role there is a risk that my contract will be ended early if the government's finances get really bad as a result of lockdowns etc.

Evening MTS... positive waves right back at you....

Not worked since March (well not paid anyway)... find myself in a support role around here these days as the wife’s not stopped working and the kids are at school but of course not in the normal way.
So I’m just doing everything I can to keep them sane!

My pressure valve is definitely RB... that and wasting my time on unloved Claud Butlers!

Back