What's in the box redux - Another blummin' bontrager

A few more changes to this. Finally getting close to my idea of a perfect restomod bike.

Conti cross kings bought over from Germany by a friend and swapped over the salsa stem from my old racelite to make the front end a bit higher.

I'll keep the knobby nics on a spare pair of wheels for muddier days.

PXL_20221105_160804537.jpg

Thanks, to be fair it's only the drive train, saddle and tyres that are modern, the rest is 95, 96 ish.

Do you think you'll gradually be sucked into swapping the drivetrain to M950? I know I would :)
I'm slowly building up the parts, in fact a rear mech arrived this morning. Just need a front mech and chainset now. But I don't want to pay £200 for a good one.

Nice, that'll be cool to see. I know exactly what you mean with the chainset, I don't suffer from heel rub on cranks, so would want minty ones, I would happily have pre scuffed if it was going to happen anyway, but it doesn't for me. The price for nice ones is the only reason my Ti Lite hasn't got them yet, last part of the group for that. I'm sure I'll cave in at some point! :)

took a nice 18 mile ride up onto the moors for remembrance day along with a bunch of other riders. perfect day for and amazing views around the valley. so lucky this is on the doorstep for me. This bontrager is such a good bike - set some PB stravas times which is something.

1668356691713.png

Back