What's in the box redux - Another blummin' bontrager

You’ve done a great job with this, it looks so right. Lovely!!

Can you educate me on the m9000 you’re using, what size is your cassette, chainring and what cage length mech is it? Sorry if it seems like a silly question, I’m thinking of getting a similar drive train.

You’ve done a great job with this, it looks so right. Lovely!!

Can you educate me on the m9000 you’re using, what size is your cassette, chainring and what cage length mech is it? Sorry if it seems like a silly question, I’m thinking of getting a similar drive train.
It's a 11-46 cassette, 30 tooth chainring and a SGS rear mech - it's what I had lying around after I upgraded my modern bike to 12 speed.

No problems fitting it to the bonty, the chainring could probably benefit from being a 32 or 34 tooth.

How's the remodel coming?
Nothing else planned on the bike, except for for tanwall conti tyres that a friend is bringing across from Germany in a couple of weeks

Nothing else planned on the bike, except for for tanwall conti tyres that a friend is bringing across from Germany in a couple of weeks

Ah! I thought some m950 was destined for this one.
Will miss the schwalbes but stoked to see what the tanwalls look like on there.

Ah right - I think thats a bit of a pipedream - XTR chainset are either overpriced, knackered or both.

Just had these delivered today as the price was too good to turn down - to my eyes they look virtually unused

Now looking for a 1" aheadset and matching stem now. Some nice, taller rigid forks will give me more winter options with this bike (and i could run a disc wheel if required :) )

1665735555693.png

Ah right - I think thats a bit of a pipedream - XTR chainset are either overpriced, knackered or both.

Just had these delivered today as the price was too good to turn down - to my eyes they look virtually unused

Now looking for a 1" aheadset and matching stem now. Some nice, taller rigid forks will give me more winter options with this bike (and i could run a disc wheel if required :) )

View attachment 670877
I have a bnib miche 1 inch ahead you can have if it’s any use to you…..

It's obviously a spendy option, but if you were to treat the bike to a Chris King Gripnut, or 2nut if you find an old one, you could also order the threadless conversion kit they offer. Or vice-versa, as they also offer a Gripnut kit if you have a nothreadset. I've done this on two bikes now, and it's really nice to have the option of running them either threaded or threadless, without having to repalce/remove the headset cups. Just switch out the top when you switch out forks/stem, and you're good to roll!

Back