What's in the box redux - Another blummin' bontrager

new wheelset and you say nothing?!

Looks like you had some fun, what you packing?

**edit** oh I see your mention of the muddy wheels a few posts back 😬

new wheelset and you say nothing?!
Well, I'm modest like that.

I picked up some m950 hubs with mismatched bontrager maverick and valiant runners rims a few weeks back for a nice price.
I'm not too precious about the rims so don't mind running them in the mud and grit that is easy Lancashire autumn.

The powerbeams that were on before are being kept in reserve for nicer weather.

A new modern addition means that I need the m9000 drivetrain for that, so the bontrager has been put back to retro spec. Mostly 8 speed m950 xtr, bar the m737 chainset, cassette and old school m732 pedals.

Looks well to my eyes, although I should probably fit the bonty saddle too.

PXL_20230305_162841708.jpg

A new modern addition means that I need the m9000 drivetrain for that, so the bontrager has been put back to retro spec. Mostly 8 speed m950 xtr, bar the m737 chainset, cassette and old school m732 pedals.

Looks well to my eyes, although I should probably fit the bonty saddle too.

View attachment 716872

is it weird that i miss the m9000 here?

maybe I've been looking at my voodoo and all the modern stuff for too long

A recent wanted ad prompted me to remember I've got a minty dx seatpost that would fit, so on it does along with a c20 saddle.

As a result its a close to period as it's ever going to be. :)

(I suppose I could put some smoke\darts on it and the ti bar, but then I'd career into the nearest tree and it is supposed to be a rider)

PXL_20230311_101611471.jpg
PXL_20230311_101619558.jpg

Couple of updates.

I've got a new Chris king aheadset headset ready to fit and some m950 xtr cranks on their way from the Netherlands.

Does anyone know what bottom bracket width I need to run octalink cranks on a bonty? Xtr ones are hens teeth and road ones are are either 109.5 or 118.

Back