What wheels for a build?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
So, I may be closing in on a seat post that fits my 1997 GT lightning frame. I need to think about the build now.

Wheels are a conundrum, I have 3 options in the stash for consideration, but also open to other suggestions.

In the stash I have:

Last gen v brake crossmax ceramics with the fat bladed spokes. I bought them new and they have seen less than 100 dry miles so minty fresh.

Hope ti/suspension hub combo in blue laced to some Mavic rims in the cd finish. Not sure which model as no decals. I think they are 36h.

Unbuilt, but could use a set of black hope pro 3 hubs with the MTB rear spacing and lace 5g3m to some NOS black Mavic xc717s I have stored away.

As above but using either m950 or m970 hubs

Haven't quite decided on build yet, could be going m952 all the way as I have a truly mint groupset. Could also go m970 or x0 9x3, or maybe even 1x10 using x0, m980 or zee.

Finishing kit will likely be Thompson with carbon bars or plain black, I'll see what looks right with either pace rc39s or rigid carbon forks.

Thoughts/opinions, insults all welcomed.

m950 with mavic 717 would be my vision
I'll take that on board. Might have to de-nos a pair of hubs if I go down the all m952 route.

I was contemplating using SRAM x9 as 1 or 2x as have a nice set in red, and using red DX v brakes. Too many other ideas floating around to be sure of direction yet.

V brake or I'd be a good boy and post in >97
well C2, and for that matter hope mechanical are pre 98. Could have been those or for those you were needing.

Looks like im stuck with those ti glide disc wheels :LOL:

Back