What are your retro bike plans for 2024.

hey dirt, got anything i'd be interested in? :)

don't forget our swap meets.
Hey Roy. I don't think so unless you are interested in a scabby 89 Ritchey Ultra, MS Racing Pro Comp, stripped MB-2, or fugly Zaskar.

Actually, I don't know if I can let go of the Zaskar.

Last edited:
Well thats some great karma there @dirttorpedo

For all of you lacking a bit of motivation...and I fall into that group myself at times....I find the answer is often just to "start" whatever it is.

I find that I build up jobs, problems, tasks in my head, trying to out-think every turn...and put my self off in the process.....be it sorting and selling or some builds even.

However, normally just "starting" is enough to make me realise there is no monster in the cupboard!

Glad to hear some are taking affirmative action....and that's my plan for today...watch this space!

Great thread. Hoping too...
Actually sharing my first complete build thread despite being on here since 2009!
Riding my bikes as we are now finally very near some trails!
Going to the Malvern's
Selling some unwanted frames that I purchased because stuff I wanted was attached to them! Sound familiar?

However we moved a week before Christmas so our lives are in complete chaos and it's a full renovation job that has been unoccupied for x2 years. But like our last house, we bought the crappiest property on the best road and all feels good if not very overwhelming at times.

Well thats some great karma there @dirttorpedo

For all of you lacking a bit of motivation...and I fall into that group myself at times....I find the answer is often just to "start" whatever it is.

I find that I build up jobs, problems, tasks in my head, trying to out-think every turn...and put my self off in the process.....be it sorting and selling or some builds even.

However, normally just "starting" is enough to make me realise there is no monster in the cupboard!

Glad to hear some are taking affirmative action....and that's my plan for today...watch this space!
For me its a combination of lack of space and too many bikes. I feel that my bikes should be ridden and I'm not riding my vintage mountain bikes anymore.

Being retired and living in Spain Brexit has brought a full stop to all of my Retrobike buying and selling.
I've had this 29er Pike in almost new condition doing nothing for some years now so I've been looking to buy a frame and wheels to build a 29er Single Speed. This year it's going to happen.:rolleyes:
In England I have a Killer V and have collected everything to build it up to (you guessed it) another single speed for a two day end to end ride of the Ridgeway.
Top of my ride bucket list is to take three weeks riding the Camino Santiago on my geared Marin Team.

End compulsive buying of almost-what-I-want bikes and consequential tinkering and throwing good money after bad. Settle for what I have.
More importantly, hope my health doesn't deteriorate any faster than last few years and that I am still alive and riding at all in 12 months time.
Accept the inevitable - reduce my target mileage from last years 100 av per week (achieved 105!) to 400 per mth.
Good luck, all!

This year for me I have a bunch of old Judy parts which ill be either selling individually or building up into re-furbished forks with re-painted lowers and upgraded SRP internals.

Also want to build a rigid mid 90's steel Kona frame into lightweight a tarmac munching machine with 650b wheels and a few modern touches.

Back