What are your retro bike plans for 2024.

Tootyred

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
It all sounds very space age to me....although I still don't have a flying car and oddly the bikes i riding are getting older tech by the day!🤣

So what projects / things are you planning to start / finish / do in 2024?

Is it going to be the year you finally find the long lost back of the shed?

Massive sale of goods or go on a buying spree?

Are you finally going to pushbthe button on that repro dogs bollox frame from Winston?

Will you go racing for the first time?

Retrobike touring?

Or just build those 26 frames up into usable bikes?

Why not make your new years commitment here and start the ball rolling.

Last edited:
For me I've got a few aims.

1. Finish my 92 team marin, the daily driver I've always wanted...see marin build thread.

2. Do a bit more toothbrush touring....you know slum it in 4 star hotels and 1 star Michelin restaurants.

3. Build version 2 of the "bike i should be riding". This is essentially my touring bike, ive learned a lot from the 1st, and now have a donor for the improved version 2.

4. Sell my 2 saracens (conquest and citybike)....and the last of my frames and kit.....I'm aiming for 2 retro bikes an 3 others (2 kinda retro by accident anyway) by the end of the year. The sell off has gone pretty well over the last 5 years!

5. Find a roberts white spider in my size!🤣

My first aim is to do some more Retrobike Touring, not totally convinced that my old body is suited to full touring so maybe credit card touring is the way for me. That determines the route of my first build.

Secondly build my Roberts White Spider into a comfortable cruiser/plaything for my riding and not period.

Thirdly sell some of the 30 odd rear mechs I've acquired.

Fourth, sell the rest of the fleet and not buy anything else 😆

Back