BoTM Bike of The Month March 2024 - now taking entries

Bike of The Month
Sorry @Dogsbolx94 but I've had to remove your entry, as it was already submitted in a previous standard month. You may enter it again in a relevant special month

Spring is in the air 🕺

Silverfish 1990 Yeti FRO

Originally planned as the perfect bike to hang a pair of Rock Shox RS1 forks off - hence the pink details. But I just loved the clean white lines of the frame/fork/stem combo - absolutely ❤️ how this bike has turned out.

Mix of NOS and well used parts, frame condition and original paint was great so wanted to use as many original parts as I could. Wheels and tyres are the very same that it rolled out of Bromley Bike with in 1990!

I’m not sure the photos do it justice, I was trying to be arty with the pink camellia in the background 🤣

Build thread here

Attachments

• IMG_5411.jpeg
    IMG_5411.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_5423.jpeg
    IMG_5423.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 106
Spring is in the air 🕺

Silverfish 1990 Yeti FRO

Originally planned as the perfect bike to hang a pair of Rock Shox RS1 forks off - hence the pink details. But I just loved the clean white lines of the frame/fork/stem combo - absolutely ❤️ how this bike has turned out.

Mix of NOS and well used parts, frame condition and original paint was great so wanted to use as many original parts as I could. Wheels and tyres are the very same that it rolled out of Bromley Bike with in 1990!

I’m not sure the photos do it justice, I was trying to be arty with the pink camellia in the background 🤣

Build thread here

Well that’s stopped me entering this month! 🤣👍🏼

Spring is in the air 🕺

Silverfish 1990 Yeti FRO

Build thread here

😍😍

Spankyfarts 1991 Terrarunner Carbolite.

Originally specced with DX, I upgraded most of the parts with NOS XT; Sharkfin/Headset/U-Brake and the rest with XT in VGC.
No buildthread, tried that twice and both frames were broken. So, you can imagine why I didn't.
Was going to upgrade to full XT, but I have other plans with the frame so this is what I was "stuck" on.

1one.jpg

2two.jpg

Back