Unhappy Customer

Thing is I would have sold it on here but the missus was giving me so much hassle to reduce my little collection that I had to show the eBay Ad to her to prove I was at least attempting to sell it.

Couldn't show her this site, don't think she'd understand 'eye candy' :D

Moneys out of Paypal !

I've got 502 score on eBay 100% positive. It really cheeses me off that the seller is always the 'bad guy'

Just had an email from the buyer. He now wants to take up my original offer of a £100 discount. The bike shop he took it to was Evans Cycles in Milton Keynes - Anybody????

Couldn't give me a telephone number or the guys name who looked at it.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Shall I retract my offer and let him dispute me?

I also know he's had a look at my Retrobike Pantera Rebuild thread so he may even be looking at this

Retract the £100 refund for sure. If you have the paypal money safe....go dispute.
Hope he is reading this....might reconsider his position.

Oooops forget about my Evans Cycles Question. It's THE Evans Cycles.

Of course they are going to tell him the bikes no good, they want him to spend £500 on a 'Top performing DH bike'. If he went there that is ;)

Gadro":6m4vm4ts said:
Oooops forget about my Evans Cycles Question. It's THE Evans Cycles.

Of course they are going to tell him the bikes no good, they want him to spend £500 on a Carrera. If he went there that is ;)

What did they 'do'....how did they measure the frame. Tuning fork?

Forgot Carrera is from another well informed Mechanics store where's cries of 'How much for a Service !!! ' are echoed down the aisle

.might reconsider his position.

he did , he wanted the £100 offer

its highly unlikely evans has access to an xray at such short notice , its whats used for checking cracks in proto frames

modern frames are made so fat now to compensate for the chunky riders and the flaws of making a frame from aluminiumumium the evans staff probably arnt used to an old frame

Going to let him stew until the morning, then retract

but that's it after my STS NO more eBay for my biking sales.

Everyone's much more friendlier on here :)

Harryburgundy":1wvvzadc said:
They can't take money from your bank account.

They can if you've registered your bank account - you'll have set up a Direct Debit with them so they can take out what they want.

If you've done this, delete your bank details from Paypal and cancel the DD online.

Ask him to get written confirmation from the bike shop of the issue with the tubing. Perhaps getting a second opinion from another bike shop for backup.

This sounds ridiculous.

The buyer is either a total dick or just an ignorant one who shouldn't be buying old bikes.

No way should you give him £100. Absolutely no way.

If it's as described and not fooked, it is his fault for buying an old GT when he needs a full susser with 5" travel at both ends.

If you feel compelled to help him out, refund him (minus p&p costs) and re-sell it to a non-dick.

And with no disrespect to any bike shop owners or workers, many bike shop people can set up brakes & gears, and build up bikes, but can be extremely ignorant of engineering principles and materials science.

Then of course there are those who aren't ignorant and are diamonds to their customers.

Back