Today's Ride

Went out this morning after a long long break - July. Bit sore now. Typing this as I wolf down my overdue breakfast.

Laid in bed considering another lie-in or the sensible option. I went with the latter. Glad I did. Dog was upset though.

Just over an hour. About 8 miles - zero fitness. Loop along two rivers, gravel and plenty of mud.

View attachment 815544
You were turning pedals don't worry, fitness returns with use. Good for the head and heart.

IMG_3494.jpeg
Beautiful day today, planned to get up, make some coffee in a flask and head out for an early ride in the sunshine, but got distracted in my shed and ended up swapping around some wheel sets to the bikes where I originally intended them to be....then had to adjust all the cantis.... then my son came back on his bike on which he had somehow broken his rear mech :rolleyes: ..... anyway, went out for a ride at about 9pm....I absolutely love night rides though, so quiet....awesome...

Chilly, 7 degrees but felt like 3. Steady NW breeze in the exposed parts, 11 mph, less in the dips and valleys. Patchy high cloud but mainly clear skies with the moon helping with visibility. The shift in season is underway, at a slow and steady pace. No night mode needed this time...

EjGEXh.jpg

...and the daffodil pickers are out in force.

VPEJ6r.jpg

Out again today on a bike that I love at the moment...I always enjoy the first day in the year when you can actually feel warmth from the sun...it means Spring is coming of course, and it was there today!

An hour's zip around my local route didn't bring any surprises other than the opportunity to play fetch for 5 mins with a beautiful and friendly dog that decided I was up for a game... 9C and suuuuuunny!! 🌞 IMG_3502.jpeg

Managed to get my hands on some old bits and bobs from storage last weekend after a quick stop half way across the country to DJ out for the first time “professionally” since covid I think, these days I am spinning 2 wheels quite differently mostly

though I am definitely getting old ahaha it’s taken me most the week to figure out how paypal works again and pay for some lovely mint sauce from @mk one

anyway today managed a quick 4x and mbmx jam and I feel a lot better for it but not sure my lower back will agree tomorrow ppfftt

Attachments

• 28340CB7-3565-4CA9-845C-70396F0D2133.jpeg
    28340CB7-3565-4CA9-845C-70396F0D2133.jpeg
    612.4 KB · Views: 11
  • B906D67B-685E-47AD-9D46-F85F09EDE70D.jpeg
    B906D67B-685E-47AD-9D46-F85F09EDE70D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
My GT's normally hibernate through the wet and muddy winter and the Alu or unrestored steel bikes get a run out instead, but it has been dry all week and was 15C this afternoon, so I woke this one up... A usual route, 12k , and usual stop at the log I like to chill out at. Watched the squirrels and jackdaws for a bit, took a few snaps in the twilight.

FullSizeRender (1).jpeg

Back