Today's Ride

Me grumbling about the chill is as bad as it gets here, so all good in the hood and I wouldn't swap it ;)

. . .

UTysts.jpg

Look the other...

y9hbaF.jpg

Didn't expect to see this a few miles up the road either. I thought I'd left this crap behind in the suburbs ;)

muYQxV.jpg
I bet you wouldn't swap it! But please grumble every so often: I need it to stop me feeling overwhelmingly envious about that great scenery. :)

Noted that 9 July was the first day we hit 20 degrees in 2022 🥳 With zero pollution, the clear skies mean you brown (red) in an instant - lovely stuff. This morning, wall to wall blue skies and golden sunshine, with - naturally - a stiff ESE breeze. I really feel for anyone who's done LEJOG this year, you needed to do JOGLE instead! Solid 15 degrees, much cooler in the secluded valleys.

Not much to say other than spot on!

3Gr8Kf.jpg

JSJcw1.jpg

Warm 17, thick high cloud, no chance of any breaks for the sun. Sweaty but ace, couldn't resist a spin up and down off the black stuff. Dusty trails are fine with me. I had a ton of fun so just the one stop for a shot looking back to Kenidjack and the trails I'd just come up from.

kJq039.jpg

Cool 17, feels 15 with - yet again - a fresh northerly breeze. We did get the SW stillness on Tuesday for some toasty action, but it didn't last and changed yesterday. Unlike yesterday, blue skies and golden hazy sunshine. Once again I had the hills to myself although it was dodge the cow splat up top 🙃

6URkvj.jpg

DF1Ija.jpg

Cool 13 quickly rising to 15 with a N breeze. Very hazy to start, but clearing nicely after 90 minutes. Full on blue skies and golden sunshine. After a day on my feet walking pulling up ragwort with the NT, I took a slightly gentler route but couldn't resist a few climbs around Carn Brea, seen here on the south side up from Sennen.

WRP36P.jpg

PXL_20220716_100509203.jpg
Today I rode past a Giant Bikes warehouse, I don’t even know the name of the village, and shortly after that past something what looked like a former Giant salespoint from a distance and turned out to be the shop of some retrohead. At least 20 bikes in one room, Masi, Colnago, you name ito_O
PXL_20220716_094127456~2.jpg
The coolest thing was a Titanium Basso low pro:cool:
PXL_20220716_093925515.jpg

The familiar ride to Sandwich and back today: 37 miles or so, and that was enough in today's heat. 25°C when I set out, rising to 28°C by the time I returned, and it felt hotter in the sun. However, there was a pleasant breeze. With temperatures set to rise to 37°C over the next few days, I'm not sure there will be much riding this coming week, so I made the most of it today. I took over two litres of water with me and I had downed at least 80% of it by the end of the ride. On returning, the Ace Missus noted the sweaty wretch and kept a sensible distance. I can't say I blame her.
PXL_20220717_093234441.jpg
PXL_20220717_102854659.jpg

Back