Today's Ride

Another mad week but it's always a good day in the saddle. Chilly feeling 11, less in the valleys, more when the sun came out. SW slight breeze, wet overnight so damp roads. High cloud with clear breaks of blue sky. It's 30 June and we still haven't hit 20.

A nice route around the back of the Beacon got the blood pumping nicely.

ADmqlw.jpg

NWN breeze, chilly 11, rising to 13 in the sun if you really put the power down. In other words, still cold and it's 5 July. I appreciate our Euro friends are really suffering at the mo...I'm happy to take some of that heat over the channel please. Blue skies with high cloud, creating hazy spots, as shown here at Sancreed Beacon. I thought I'd take a quick stroll off the road to get a better shot of the bay and the surrounds.

qWpYiu.jpg

4AjCau.jpg

Really great ride but did I mention it's not very warm? :LOL:

18°C already, back over here in the south east. Just saying... ;)

Me grumbling about the chill is as bad as it gets here, so all good in the hood and I wouldn't swap it ;)

This morning, milder, 13, 15 in the sun, chillier in the cloud. Slight NWN breeze. Within the immediate vicinity, very low thick cloud, but over the first set of hills, hazy golden sunshine, as demonstrated here between Madron and Morvah.

Look one way...

UTysts.jpg

Look the other...

y9hbaF.jpg

Didn't expect to see this a few miles up the road either. I thought I'd left this crap behind in the suburbs ;)

muYQxV.jpg

15 apparently but with a stiff N breeze, make that 10-11, enough to put the jacket back on. Thick grey cloud.

Early calls this morning so a shorter route meant more hills to get the legs pumping. If you're ever visiting Lands End then you will have driven on the A30. National Cycle route #3 spurs off it now, taking you towards St Buryan which is a much nicer road ;)

DfoEdv.jpg

This Wednesday and Thursday I had a go at the King Alfred Way although having already done the South Downs Way and parts of the Ridgeway I was not sure how far I would get. In the end I got about half way starting from Salisbury and reaching Reading before deciding that 110 miles was enough for the time being.
Good weather for riding, mostly cloudy and not too hot but no rain, great scenery and landmarks with lots of ancient history especially along the Ridgeway, hydration was the biggest issue, four bottles were only just enough with so few opportunities to refill once you get out in the sticks.

IMG_1761 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1764 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1767 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1771 - Copy.JPG

Back