Today's Ride

An irresistible scene this morning. The swan was very obliging. A little further along the canal than yesterday.

My penultimate commute before a week of annual leave.

I'm in love with the RSP 550. The sticky forks have loosened up, and it's fast. Like a good sportsbike chassis, the harder you ride it the better it gets. Almost Honda-esque reassuring and stable.
Screenshot_20210922-201605_Gallery.jpg
11°c this morning- cool
20°c this afternoon- warm

Last edited:
Autumn is on it's way but "summer" (wherever it was this year) is trying to do something. The temperature range this morning was noticeable; from chilly single digits to the mid teens in the sun. Mist and fog one minute, glorious sunshine the next.

New job and a week of travelling meant getting the miles in on two feet instead of two wheels but I rectified that this morning back at home.

hWerKq.jpg

And then today, I did this...

22 local miles.
Elevation change (total) 833 ft - (finally, Pat territory).
Top speed 37.7mph
And only one minor off...

Lots of beautiful rolling countryside. The big feature being the villages of Hooton Pagnell, Hickleton and Barnburgh.

Screenshot_20210924-201510_Gallery.jpg
The view from Hangman Stone Road across the fields towards Barnburgh. Screenshot_20210924-201538_Gallery.jpg
An old field track heading back towards Elmsall Road after an excursion through Hooton Pagnell Woods. Screenshot_20210924-201701_Gallery.jpg
The view across towards South Kirkby ( I think) from Watchley Lane, an old abandoned road now a pathway. Screenshot_20210924-201747_Gallery.jpg

At the summit of Brodsworth Community Woodland. Oh, the irony of it. A bit of landscaping and it's suddenly a local beauty spot.
Screenshot_20210924-201825_Gallery.jpg
Let's not pull any punches here: this is on top of an enormous slag heap, formerly part of Brodsworth Colliery, once the most productive coal mine in Britain.

A bit of local history .
Screenshot_20210924-201839_Gallery.jpg

St Wilfred's Church, Hickleton. One of four churches in a couple of miles radius, all of which have origins 1000 years old or more. Screenshot_20210924-201855_Gallery.jpg

Lovely morning. Light breeze. 16°c or so. Sunny. Perfect conditions.

Last edited:
Back