Today's Ride

What a delightful morning ride that was: 20mph winds and random horizontal cloud rain 😂 At least it wasn't too chilly, around 6-8 degrees depending on shelter. I had a proper nasty episode of food poisoning last week and have started to get my energy back so this was the first bit of exercise in a 5 days; everything was a bit creaky. Even so, it was super-nice to be back in the (wet) saddle for a short loop to Sennen, St Buryan and up into the cloud at Chapel Carn Brea before gingerly bracing a full-on head wind back to HQ.

9Ldbcp.jpg

ug32ks.jpg

I got off a tedious zoom call at 2:45 so thought I'd take the Kikapu out for a quick blast, only 6 and a bit miles around my usual warm up loop, but the fresh air felt good after being cooped for most of the week. There's a little extension to this loop but I could see ahead were a sea of dog walkers and I didnt fancy negotiating them so headed back on the shorter version.

kik.jpg

A short ride today: rain this morning, needed to conserve energy for other tasks, and the weather was what experienced meteorologists call 'flippin' cold and windy'. So, it was just a ride to Whitstable and back today.

Wintry bleakness on the way there:
PXL_20211205_150106028.jpg

Freezing but beautiful at the beach:
PXL_20211205_152110362.jpg
PXL_20211205_152329336.jpg

Back