Today's Ride

Great to be back in the saddle this morning. Mercifully still and dry at last, 11 degrees but closer to 7 in the valleys with a chill in the air. High cloud, breaking in places.

Somewhat time constraint but with enough climbing around here, you can still get a good leg stretch, blood pumping lap to kick off the day. With said decent weather after 2 weeks of dampness, it was fun to navigate over a stone wall in cleats, through a short boggy stretch to get a decent shot at Lanyon Quoit. The first shot is up top outside Morvah. Really peaceful with not a soul to be seen - feels like I got the space back to myself...along with the buzzards, crows, cows, sheep, rabbits, etc. etc. ;)

eCyoUH.jpg

E2JyPY.jpg

The baby milk is still in the door of the fridge but there's no need for the end-of-life paperwork anymore, so it was a leisurely and contemplative ride on 25 miles of mainly deserted country lanes today, just appreciating the autumn colours and watching the clouds. (I liked the idea of the seaside but it would be too busy on a mild day with spells of sunshine.) I decided to take the Rockhopper: I loved its springy, supple ride quality when I first got it but let's just say that our relationship has got more distant of late. I've made two or three tweaks in an attempt to rekindle the flame so today's ride was a test ride and, by and large, successful.

The church at Patrixbourne. The wreaths are leaning against a permanent tribute to the men of the parish who died in the Great War. A great uncle of mine was with the ANZACs and died at the Battle of Lone Pine in Gallipoli; I appreciate that the sacrifices are still remembered.
PXL_20211114_101855416.jpg

Autumn colours and clouds:
PXL_20211114_110233255.jpg
PXL_20211114_113450184.jpg

The view through a hedgerow to the field beyond:
PXL_20211114_114127792.jpg

Very still, 10-11 degrees, slightly cooler in the valleys, very damp but no rain, thick grey cloud.

Unlike yesterday's day of mist, you could see where you were going today. No tourists about so another, very welcome and quiet morning ride. Everything was as wonderful and "normal" as I'd expect for a Monday morning until I saw this dude right near the end: should I stay or should I go?

hHQbYc.jpg

Woke up a little before 5am, decided to take the Roberts White Spider out for its maiden ride (apart from a few hundred yards a couple of years ago when I first bought it 😕)

Popped some lights on and did a 12 mile loop around the trailway at Blandford. Not too many photos because it was dark.

Bike rides lovely, one thing I may change is the XT Cantilever's for V's 😀 IMG_20211116_072339_013.jpg

Woke up a little before 5am, decided to take the Roberts White Spider out for its maiden ride (apart from a few hundred yards a couple of years ago when I first bought it 😕)

Popped some lights on and did a 12 mile loop around the trailway at Blandford. Not too many photos because it was dark.

Bike rides lovely, one thing I may change is the XT Cantilever's for V's 😀View attachment 583693

That's a lovely looking bike man! Very cool indeed.

My Roberts Road bike, my Roberts White Spider, Specialized Rockhopper (touring duty bike) are all cleaned, lubricated and stored in the loft ready for dryer, brighter days.

Time to dust on the modern-ish bike to abuse over the Winter.

It's a Giant of some sorts, quiet, efficient and a little dull but it's cycling all the same 😀

Just a 7 mile loop in the dark on the Blandford Trailway to test gear, bike and lights.

Attachments

• IMG_20211118_204703_234.jpg
    IMG_20211118_204703_234.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back