Today's Ride

Re:

A 2011 Lupine Betty 6 on the bike (2000 Ln ..Upgraded 8.7Ah battery from mtb-batteries) ... it just goes for hours!!
On the lid is a small Sanguan Thumb ( 800 Ln .. Ugraded two cell to a four cell 8.7Ah which sits in my back pack)

They both out-last me on rides in darkness ;)

18912.970.jpg

Re:

Things I didn't expect to see in north-west Kent #875:

orKPR9.jpg

Slightly mild 11 rising to 12 by 08:30, damp after yesterday evenings showers. Tiny breeze, high cloud with a glimpse of sunshine.

Re:

Come for a ride on the Malvern Hills, we have roaming Belted Galloways and Aberdeen Angus along with the sheep, in gated, fenced zones.
It's like Jurassic Park!

Re: Re:

dazdc5":b0cschlx said:
Come for a ride on the Malvern Hills, we have roaming Belted Galloways and Aberdeen Angus along with the sheep, in gated, fenced zones.
It's like Jurassic Park!

Sounds great!

It's easy to forget, I was standing less than 4 miles from the M25 when I took that pic.

Nice and warm today,

The drizzle held off today and i had a bit of spare time so went for a quick ride. Very warm, even in shorts and t shirt and the lack of breeze made for a more demanding ride, especially up the hills through the close woods. The rear tyres tread is getting a bit worn, last pic, and that adds an extra quarter of a stroke to every normal stroke due to spinning out, makes it more fun on the descents though :D

Lots of people out again, one positive from all this i suppose, though only saw one other mountain biker, e bike granted but still had knobblies on, and a couple of gravel type bikes who were probably slip sliding as much as me.

Great ride again, hopefully the weather will stay dry, went over Peak after ride and it was nice dry and sunny, need some of that here :cool:

Attachments

• P1012800.JPG
    P1012800.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 313
  • P1012801.JPG
    P1012801.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 313
  • P1012799.JPG
    P1012799.JPG
    696.3 KB · Views: 313
Re:

Cooler start, 10 degrees rising to about 11 by 08:20. The sunrise was epic, turning the sky a brilliant deep orange and pink but it lasted barely 5 minutes so by the time I could stop safely it'd passed. By the time I hit the top of the downs it was back to cloudy, grey, damp conditions. Once again, the main roads were choc-a-block, but notably, there are far fewer walkers and cyclists about. For now at least...

FmgJPO.jpg

Warm again today with a cool breeze.

A dry day again today so making the most of it. It was mild, a slight breeze, turning stronger by the end of the ride, made it not so muggy, though stood around in the wind i started feeling the cold. Great riding weather again.

Went for a longer, and originally planned, steady ride. Some of the usually wet tracks were quite dry and most of them are fun to ride faster so steady went out the window, i can feel it now im home though.

Beautiful through the natural woods around here, still some leaves on the trees but most have fallen and are covering the trails, just a carpet of red and orange.

A lot quieter today, which was nice, and just adds to the beauty of the woods.

Attachments

• P1012814.JPG
    P1012814.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 282
  • P1012811.JPG
    P1012811.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 281
  • P1012807.JPG
    P1012807.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 281
  • P1012804.JPG
    P1012804.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 282
  • P1012803.JPG
    P1012803.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 282
Yep, the last remaining colours are putting on a good show.

Finally my weapon is back from the LBS. The combination of workshop backlog, obsolete component specifications and a worldwide shortage of parts resulted in an 8 month wait. Was it worth it? You betcha!

Now I can finally ride the roads at some "speed". Much as I've loved the single speed challenge, gears and bigger wheels mean I can cover many more miles in a similar amount of time. So, up to the downs again this morning, through and over to Otford, back through Shoreham to Crockenhill with the blast back to HQ. Slight chill to start, around 9 degrees rising to 10 as the sun broke through the cloud with a gentle breeze.

gdfT88.jpg

cduQa8.jpg

Re:

kaya":3kcp3byj said:
I spy with my little eye something beginning with THM :LOL:

I think you need your eyes tested :LOL:

Cool 10 degrees rising to about 11 by 09:00, slight breeze, very isolated tiny showers on the downs, grey high cloud. Super ride, a solid 35 mile loop through Orpington, Badgers Mounts, Knockholt, a 20% blast down Sundridge Lane onto Pilgrims Way weaving up to the top before heading back to Warlingham, Chelsham onto Addington and suburbia to Hayes, Bromley to HQ.

Pretty much perfect road riding conditions and the legs, lungs and soul feel a million % :mrgreen:

gw357e.jpg

The sun is shining over Toy's Hill and Emmett's Garden where I volunteer. Mr Kite or one of his/her friends decided to follow me for a bit which was cool.

GG6MnC.jpg

It's not very clear but on the very far horizon are the last set of the Kent downs before you swoop towards the south downs. You can't see it but you can hear it down below is the M25 which was choc-a-block clockwise.

Back