The Great Cull of 2019

Thanks to the feral scum of Edinburgh, it's N-4.

Son No 3 has put a claim in for my Pugsley to replace the bike that was nicked. But I have to build disk brake wheels. For some reason he doesn't want drum brakes. At least that will reduce my pile of fatbike rims...

Seeing as I had to get my Sunbeam stuff together for The History Man, I think I'll concentrate on getting rid of my Sunbeam stuff first. Big question is do I sell my 1932 Sunbeam Road Racer.

Probably not, because I have a wee ambition to ride it the length of the country, and to be realistic, at this time of year no one is likely to pay what I'd need to get to recoup what I paid (close to 4 figures).

Meanwhile the NOS 1930s Raleigh frame isn't attracting attention. I may pull it off eBay before someone puts a bid on it - I've had a look at my other NOS stuff and I may have the makings of a complete bike.

Ah, this culling business is stressful.

I'll think a pause between now and the 'Puffer is a good idea, no one has spare money, and after Xmas I'll be too busy for a few weeks.

But frabjous joy, I can now turn around in my shed. :)

Brian can only turn in his shed not work in his shed, I suspect the metal mountain is still huge.

Only place I have seen more old school Roadster Bicycles than in one of Brians garages, was outside Central Station in Amsterdam :LOL:

Raleigh NOS frame didn't sell. It's sort of good news, I wasn't keen to dispose of it.

Got some fun offers which I declined politely, and suggested they buy one of the other NOS 1930s Raleigh frames that are for sale.

Oh, that's right, there aren't any... :)

Anyhow, the snow is here, probably time to dispose of a fatbike or two - they're real space hogs.

Not much chance of selling anything now until after Xmas, so look forward to the The Great Cull of 2020 and presumably that means I have to reset to N. :)

Watch out for fatbike stuff. I have decided I only need one, and seeing as it's only going into snow or bog, I'm keeping a proper Alaskan snow bike (a 907) not the trail ones or the carbon. Lots of brand new fat rims, some in pretty colours.

The big question is whether the N- activities will stay ahead of the N+.

Predictions please and we'll see who's right at the end of 2020.

Prize?

OK, a dud derailleur wil be yours... :)

Back