The Genesis Equil Brum Brum Project

You just need this now :LOL:

5ad0b071fc19a4715609e4b0e000a100_900x.jpg

Hey! Sweet build, these are great frames, I’ve had both the rim and disc models in 725 and they ride superbly.

Glad you’re alive after the hit, how did the insurance thing go?

Also, what kind of lower headset bearing did you need to fit that WCS fork with the tapered crown seat?

Oh and if you don’t like the hanger extender, try it without and wind in the mech’s B-screw… I run 11-34 and 11-36 cassettes all the time even on regular short cage mechs this way and am yet to have a problem, my current Equilibrium is 11-36 cassette and RD 6800 short cage. No guarantees with your mech etc but worth a try.

Happy riding ✌️

Last edited:
Hey! Sweet build, these are great frames, I’ve had both the rim and disc models in 725 and they ride superbly.

Glad you’re alive after the hit, how did the insurance thing go?

Also, what kind of lower headset bearing did you need to fit that WCS fork with the tapered crown seat?

Oh and if you don’t like the hanger extender, try it without and wind in the mech’s B-screw… I run 11-34 and 11-36 cassettes all the time even on regular short cage mechs this way and am yet to have a problem, my current Equilibrium is 11-36 cassette and RD 6800 short cage. No guarantees with your mech etc but worth a try.

Happy riding ✌️

Hi thanks yes its getting there.

Insurance is still in progress it takes ages sadly.
The fork can take a normal 45degree cartridge bearing so the hope one that came with the headset works fine.

I tryied the b screw thing with the ultegra 6600 it worked pretty well with an added nut for some extra tension with a 32t cassette but it wouldnt have it with a 34t so i got that chome mircoshift mech and that works spot on.

Ah cool, it’s worth it for the extra low gears either way I think.

Hope you get there soon with the insurance! Do you have anyone helping you?

I got hit by a car too and am also going through it, at a bit of a stalemate as the drivers insurance is stating absolutely that it’s a 50/50 fault so will pay 50% of the damages, whereas I would honestly say it’s more like 80% the fault of the driver but they just won’t accept anything other than 50/50. It’s a pain, hope yours is going smoothly even if slowly.

Back