The Genesis Equil Brum Brum Project

Made a few tweaks to the bike, I found even with the 32t on rear on the rare occasion i hit a 17 degree hill it wasnt to good on the knees so gone for a 34t Deore xt cassette which ended up being a smidge lighter than the sram 32t which suprised me. had to add a wolftooth roadlink to make it clear the ultegra mech works great but not sure i like the look. So ordered a sun xcd mech which will take a 34t cassette without the roadlink.

Also added some allu cage bolts good saving there and much tidyier than the steel ones.
DSC_2609.JPG DSC_2610.JPG DSC_2611.JPG DSC_2612.JPG DSC_2613.JPG DSC_2614.JPG DSC_2621.JPG

A few more upgrades have been done firstly i ended up not liking the look with the roadlink on rear mech so now running a microshift r10 that can take the 34t rear cog. It was a bit dry lube wise when i got it so fully stripped and greased it all much smoother now and shifts great.

Same weight as the ultegra mech too result. going to make the cage silver at some point too.

DSC_2627.JPG DSC_2630.JPG DSC_2653.JPG DSC_2656.JPG

The further upgrades are a set of Hunt sprint aero wide wheels which have enhanced the ride and handling very nicely with the wider rim width speading out the tyre 20g heavyier but strava speeds have gone up since fitting them.

Also i sprayed the 3T carbon seatpost with chrome paint and pinstriped around the orriginal decals.

Lastly for extra tyre clearence i fitted some lightweight Planet X cnc brakes with kool stop chrome pad holders and salmon pads. There was allot of fuss online about how hard these are to set up and about lack of power personally i dont know what they were on about easy setup and power isnt much different to the shimano's.

Brake weight difference

DSC_2668 - Copy.JPG DSC_2672 - Copy.JPG

Wheels and brakes fitted

DSC_2680 - Copy.JPG

Chromed seatpost

DSC_2602.JPG

fitted

DSC_2691.JPG

DSC_2741.JPG

New pads and holders

DSC_2756.JPG

Chromeness

DSC_2757.JPG DSC_2760.JPG DSC_2761.JPG

Cant believe I've had this bike over a year now time flys.

Latest upgrade is some tanwall schwalbe pro one 30c tyres and vittoria latex tubes. This combo has made an amazing differance to the smoothness of the bike they've taken out allot of the road buzz even though they're 2c smaller and i have much better brake clearance up front now thankfully.

DSC_2749.JPG DSC_3165.JPG DSC_3166.JPG DSC_3170.JPG DSC_3172.JPG

Back