spoke length/wheel-building guru's insights required ...

k-rod

Senior Retro Guru
Hey all ye (wheel building) experts, I've got a pair of nos 26" SunRim DW6000 32h rims that I am going to build around a pair of 32h M900 hubs ... using the standard (3-cross) layout pattern, and I need to know how long of spokes I must order, in order to commence .... along that order ...

Any advice and/or insights from those hereon who are in-the-know?

ps: I have successfully built a pair of wheels already, albeit using some existing (new) spokes, as I had to replace the worn hubs from some recently built wheels with new ones ... and they turned out great (so I believe I can endeavor this successfully).

https://leonard.io/edd/

The hubs are in there, rear is anyway, front will be same as many other shimano hubs.
Just need your rim ERD. Only reference i can find gives it as 507mm, but worth measuring.

507 seems unlikely for a 26 inch rim, i'd definitely measure it and check.

Yeah, that's the only reference I could find to a sunrim 6000 of any description.
It appears that they do several sizes. Including 24"...

I've never heard of those exact rims. Are they the same as DitchWitch? Which are pretty well the same as Rhyno Lites (ERD 547 / 548 so pretty well the same as they are almost the same rim). I'd be measuring for sure, or if you don't know how to measure exactly maybe ask a shop to do it? It's the one critical measurement. Hub dimensions are not so important (within reason....)

I used this recently, and did lots of measuring! http://www.sapim.be/spoke-calculator

For what it's worth my fronts were 264mm and the rears 264 (non-drive side) and 262mm. This was a mid 90s lx hubs though, but also three cross. Def worth measuring several times before commiting! To measure the hub diameter (as I don't have callipers) I cut a small circle out of a piece of paper and laid the paper over the hub so that it was flat on the flange. Then poked holes through the paper, into the spoke holes, using a pencil. Then ust measured between two opposite holes.

Sheldon Brown has a tonne of good wheel building info though - including measuring - if you google it.:)

Back