Site Suggestions (and Issues) Thread

Few points
-Recommend 2FA, option for all users. Especially after Paul's issue today
-The individual who gained access to DSP's account binned a load of threads. Will see if they can be recovered but think unlikely :(
-NO plans to change classifieds. Think works fine as is TBH. Seen other sites try to setup a better classified system which is less useful than simple threads.

-Recommend 2FA, option for all users.
I’d there a guide to getting this set up for new and improved idiots. Ideally so that it can use the fingerprint/Face ID on my chosen portable devices (hardly ever use a “computer” for Retrobike).

I’d there a guide to getting this set up for new and improved idiots. Ideally so that it can use the fingerprint/Face ID on my chosen portable devices (hardly ever use a “computer” for Retrobike).
Hi bud

Press on your profile picture and choose password and security

Screenshot_20230608-001632_Brave.jpg

Then you arrive here, press change to enable two step authentication.

Screenshot_20230608-001948_Brave.jpg

Now you will arrive at this page

Screenshot_20230608-001952_Brave.jpg

Enter your password.

Now you will see this. Enable passkeys

Screenshot_20230608-002054_Brave.jpg

Now it'll take you to this page

Press Add new passkey

It'll take you to a page that looks like this

Screenshot_20230608-002216_Brave.jpg
If it doesn't automatically pop up with a new screen, press register your pass key here.

That should take you to this, where you choose screen lock. Finish it and then after that you can give your key there a name and save it. It'll probably come up with a list of backups which you can screenshot.

Screenshot_20230608-003103_Google Play services.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230608-002142_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20230608-002142_Brave.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1
Few points
-Recommend 2FA, option for all users. Especially after Paul's issue today
-The individual who gained access to DSP's account binned a load of threads. Will see if they can be recovered but think unlikely :(
-NO plans to change classifieds. Think works fine as is TBH. Seen other sites try to setup a better classified system which is less useful than simple threads.
Holy crap, the Kona titanium serial number thread has gone...please tell me we can rescue it or someone has a backup.

Holy crap, the Kona titanium serial number thread has gone...please tell me we can rescue it or someone has a backup.

Temp thread in place: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/kona-titanium-serial-number-list-critical-update-june-23.464733/

You can use Internet Archive Wayback Machine, and pray it took a copy if someone's lost a long time/active thread...

Temp thread in place: https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/kona-titanium-serial-number-list-critical-update-june-23.464733/

You can use Internet Archive Wayback Machine, and pray it took a copy if someone's lost a long time/active thread...

Excuse the possibly stupid question. As users are we able to back up threads?

Back