Site Issues Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Nice one John - I think that's instantly made the whole site better, and no more reliance on off-site hosting places which lose photos when they change t&cs...

Is there a limit per person in terms of uploads, or is it unrestricted, and are we still limited to max dims - not tested, but just an open ponder.

Presumably if not restricted in size then images open in separate pop-ups?

In any case, the file size restriction 'uplift' is an instant win from me.

Now, where's the thumbs up emoji gone... ;)

What are the chances of open uploads to the gallery, rather than having to go through admins who apparently don't have access to do so anymore [following recent posts that is].

John":3svy1tke said:
Setting tweaked to allow larger image upload - I'm aware this is a sticking plaster on sticking plaster but there you go.

Those who are having issues please advise if this resolves.

That is an awesome update- much better than a sticking plaster!

As for image hosting sites, personally never had a problem with them and I am barely out of the analogue world, I use ImgBB.

We are all old grouches sometimes but Retrobike is AMAZING and long may it continue. Thanks John, without out you us sad shed tinkerers would be sadder still.

I know this probably isn't the thread for it, but I was searching how to post images, but can any one tell me why my images keep posting upside down and how to stop it?
I have tried rotating the image, saving it and then posting again, but without any success.
I'd like to join in more, but I'm struggling with this...

Re:

I've just saved your image on my P.C., then rotated it through 180 deg and re-posted it like this:

Mind you, it is a massive size at 2.79 Meg, and I can't understand why so many members were complaining that they couldn't upload such large file sizes, when it really isn't required to be that large to see the detail.

Pip

Attachments

• 20191124_135046.jpg
    20191124_135046.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,985
Mid life Kona":wdxkjhoc said:
I know this probably isn't the thread for it, but I was searching how to post images, but can any one tell me why my images keep posting upside down and how to stop it?
I have tried rotating the image, saving it and then posting again, but without any success.
I'd like to join in more, but I'm struggling with this...

Most modern devices, phones etc, have EXIF data attatched which basically denotes the orientation of an image. If the site or whatever you are viewing on, some older operating systems for example, does not read and manage the EXIF data then it wont correct the image. If using a phone i downloaded a program that removes the EXIF data from the image. Really basic explination, if you google EXIF you will find more info and can look for a program to autocorrect the image.

Hope that helps.

Mark

Re:

Pip,
It is a big file, but I'm just testing how to load images. I was using Lit Photo app to compress the files prior to this one, it worked okay but the final image wasn't great. That may be down to my inexperience with the app though.
Having read the thread, I just chose a file directly from my tablet... I don't have a PC at home anymore, but as I explained I did try and rotate the image and save it prior to posting. Even with it upside down on my tablet, it still posted it upside down on here. I'll continue to work out the best way to upload images, but until I do, you'll have to bare with me for a bit... sorry. ;)

Mark,
I am using my phone and tablet, both are Samsung/ Andriod so there should be something available. Thanks for the tip though I will check the app store out now...

If you go to the settings tab, click on display options, then go to region and just check you are not on Australian settings. It can be quite a common problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back