Show us what you did today, thread

Awesome looking, Jamie's got a rival for stunning pictures. Unfortunately when I was visiting that part of the world there was much fog. The Western Isles have got few rivals for the blasted heath look😎

And it was a this point it all went a little pear-shaped….

F**K F**K F**K F**K F**K!!!!!!!! 🤬

1ECCDA9F-F49A-4DEE-A15D-EAF9378B2572.jpeg

absolutely gutted, and with no pump and no means of repairing it…. suddenly I was going to be doing more walking than I had initially planned!! 😂

But, it was a glorious day apart from the haze (which makes the sun look like it’s gone super-nova in one photo for some reason!) and after I’d put all my toys back in the pram, it was onward and yet more upwards!

F05E6F02-C929-415E-B783-C497928020B4.jpeg A7B591B4-CFFA-40FE-9A48-26B3C935984A.jpeg 3316C540-F490-48DA-B565-8BDF73B1BE9A.jpeg

Was a great day, lessons learned but nonetheless very satisfying. 😊

Totally cream-crackered by the time I’d walked back to the car though! 😂

The ‘downhill’ culminates in some outrageously steep zig-zag hairpin bends, only two of which I could pedal, the others not a chance!
So difficult to show in photos just how steep that section is, but I could smell rear brake pads they were that cooked!
View attachment 613272
I've had a few sphincter contracting moments on that descent a few times. :)

The family in Harris eventually requested me not to ride it. My wife's aged uncle used to get seriously concerned because he knew of a few serious injuries and maybe a death. However the track looks like it's had a fair bit of work since I last rode it 10 years ago.

I used to go straight over the hill from Carragreich, and take in a visit to Molinginish on my way to Rhenigidale. Here's a view from the top.
(Observant types will notice that I had succumbed to the use of gears for this - didn't help at all, just made the bike heavier :) )

PA220160.jpg

Once I straight lined it over from Urgha. This is the view from close to the top. I came to the conclusion I need a lighter fat bike with fatter tyres. :)

PA220178.jpg
Moliniginish is always worth a visit. Is in ruins (although I believe someone has restored one of the cottage since my last visit)

DSCN3575.jpg

I came to the conclusion the best bike for Harris is the Virtual FatBike, a pair of running boots, and waterproof socks.

However even a Virtual FatBike has its problems, here I am trying to control my Virtual FatBike in a vicious skid above Loch Lacasdall after a loop like yours. Maraig-Urgha.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! VF, that is one beautiful looking place to ride! and on a very lovely looking karate Monkey I should add ;)
Shame about the tyre but there are worse places to walk I am sure.
I have added my marker to Jimo's for my guess at where that ball is.
I think next macretro ride is at yours :)

Jamie

Screenshot_20220324-173223__01_LI.jpg

Next MacRetro ride is not at his as its beyond the edge of the world. He might be closer to you Jamie and to Brian but first we central belters have first to get to Ullapool then a fairly long ferry ride to Stornoway. My great granny came from there and once she left in the 1900's she never went back as its a blooming long way. I am content to look at the stunning photos 😎

Lovely scenic Scottish pics as ever. Nice to see folk are getting out and about.

Reason for post was there's talk about a Retrobike branded Snood(buff neckie type thing). Looking for customers, to get the price down from a tenner to £6.80+post. Needs about another 6 customers. Currently 19 orders.

Thread is here -
https://www.retrobike.co.uk/threads/retrobike-snoods.443316/

Also bumped into Kaiser the other day. He was doing some sort of deliveries on the bike(big square box) Must say he's looking well. Bit of grey like us all :LOL: But nice to see folk are still about.

Back