Show us what you did today, thread

Took advantage of the dry trails and the lull between the storms to get the Saffron out for a wee spin. Never seen it this dry in January. There’s now a beach in the boating pond at Monikie, with the dock 4 feet up!

Great morning out, followed by tidying the garden after yesterday’s winds and preparing for tonight’s.

601382F1-7F56-4526-A994-32B9C3F3D1D4.jpeg 018FFC22-1D9C-49D4-BBAF-A3E9C16A34D2.jpeg E0E20D4B-A554-4C3B-B6C8-CC514E076130.jpeg E82165FE-B847-4B5A-974C-F45D6D756740.jpeg

I did the same. Quick hour or so out to the local farm for eggs and bread on the Solaris before the storm. Testing my sore rib after a recen5 fall which seem to finally be on the mend. Also my elbow tendinitis is improving as well.

50 next month, getting old is sair lol.

That is one beautiful looking mtb Clubby.
That Saffron just looks so nicely setup and proportion wise just looks right. Very cool.

Jamie

A couple of photos from yesterdays ride out once again on the Mercian.
After the storms of the last few days and then pulling out of the Highland group ride with Brian down on the Black Isle due to weather, I thought I should make the most of the small window of calm, non raining weather on Sunday.
I had intended to stick to the backroads and head south west before looping home to the west, but the forecast rain showers turning to heavy rain were closing in from the distance so I actually did a loop in the opposite direction, turning each time I could see the rain closing in, until after a couple of hours I had to hightail it home pretty swiftly. Needed to make the most of it as the weeks forecast is breezy and wet to say the least.
At least I made the most and got a nice ride in, some roads were damp and some were wet from just missed showers but always good to be riding.
I am really enjoying being back out on this Mercian and am glad to say I definitely sold the right one. While I put lots of miles on the other one and loved them, this one just fits better and rides a bit nicer.

Jamie

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Today I made a start to my Explosif build. So far so good.

Attachments

• A8774056-5FD7-4A8E-8023-0E94DA24AACF.jpeg
    A8774056-5FD7-4A8E-8023-0E94DA24AACF.jpeg
    450.9 KB · Views: 6
Before a certain villainous character maligns me, it was his suggestion that we go for a road ride. IMG_3657.jpg

That's about 100 foot drop to the right.

IMG_3653.jpg

Some of it was quite rideable...

IMG_3647.jpg IMG_3652.jpg

Other bits of the road were quite slippery...

IMG_3644.jpg

Back