Show us what you did today, thread

Wee man been under the weather, so not been far from home all weekend. Temperature back to normal this morning so let him play in the garden while I tidied my spares drawers in the garage and removed the extremely out of date food bars from my camelback.
Not the most exciting weekend but I now know where tyre levers go to die! 3E355311-616C-4C3F-8494-7D6C17531AD1.jpeg

Nice selection of tyre levers there Clubby, I remember those Milk Levers from years ago!

I'm still recovering from an off at Drumtochty last week, ribs dont feel any better after a week but I know from past experience it can take a while to improve, so I took a leisurely ride along the seafront this morning, as any huffing and puffing up hills would be agony 😄

Still, I couldn't help myself and had to have a little ride on the sea wall, the camber was steeper than it looks, but fortunately the Smoke/Dart combo gripped. I should probably leave that kind of thing to the Hans Reys of the world ...

20210516_070933.jpg

Hi all
Hope the little man is on the improve Clubby, never a nice thing with the wee ones.
Out for a brief ride yesterday and then again today though at a slower pace today as I went up the back roads with Caleb on his tourer and myself on the Flying Scot Ventoux. It's running nicely as I changed a few things around so now it is all back to the Arabesque groupset, levers as well. It is a very 'quick' geometry compared to my other rides and especially compared to the Flying Scot Continental. Even though I'm vertically challenged and always have small framesets I don't usually have any real problem with toe strike but I have it quite a bit with this one, despite thinking I would get used to it or just adjust to it. The differences between this and the Continental are really pronounced. To give you some idea of the sharpness of this frame, the difference in chain stays is the Ventoux about an 1 1/2 inch shorter, 1 1/2 inch less rake, 1/2 inch shorter in the seatstay. It's very 'responsive' for sure.
Anyway it was running sweetly and it was good to be out with the boy pootling about. The sun came out nicely and made it all the more enjoyable.
Hope you all have had a nice weekend.

Jamie

IMG_5618 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5619 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5626 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_5631 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Has everyone abandoned Retrobike? It's been very quiet on here recently, so I thought I'd add a few pics of my ride today.
Yesterday was our daughters 22nd Birthday and we'd agreed she could have a birthday party in our flat whilst Myself and MrsJimo escaped for a night in Dundee (we were assured the party would be civilised 🤔), so this morning after breakfast at the hotel I headed off to see what was nearby whilst MrsJimo slept off last nights wine (and to help clear my own head too!!) 🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷😆
The hotel was by the old docks so I threw a weary leg over the Orange Five and headed off. There are some pretty cool cycle paths and things to see in Dundee, I rode around the old docks and then along past the V&A museum, before heading onto the Tay Bridge.
It was a grey misty morning but nice enough to ride around, I'd brought no cycling gear with me as I hadn't planned on going for a ride, so I was in Jean's and trainers, jacket, and no helmet, and it felt very normal!
I had planned to cross the Tay Bridge but with the poor visibility and checking out time fast approaching I decided to head back to the hotel.
Thank goodness my ribs are on the mend, it's still a bit painful pulling up on the bars to lift the front wheel, and taking deep breaths, but hopefully by next week I'll be able to manage a "proper" mtb ride 😀.
20210530_095057.jpg 20210530_102422.jpg 20210530_095834.jpg
20210530_101031.jpg 20210530_104028.jpg

So Jimo, you've experienced the Dundee Har (mist/fog), which can be creepy like a Steven King novel as it rolls up the Tay. Spent 5 years in Dundee as a student and strangely I miss it but have only visited it a couple of times in 25 years. There have been quite some changes as shown by your photos.
I'll be up your neck of the woods 9 - 11th June as my good lady needs to see a recommended Holistic Dentist who operates in Aberdeen. My visits to Aberdoom are even less frequent than my Dundee visits, I think twice in my lifetime :)

Yeah Velo, the area around the old docks and bridge is pretty cool, much nicer than anything Aberdeen has.
The Haar has been around these parts of the East coast the last few days, it just began to clear as I headed back to the hotel. On the drive back to Aberdeen you could see it all along the coast, a bit further inland it was a lovely sunny day though.
A holistic dentist? That's a new one on me, I'll have to look into that, need a filling seeing to but not been able to get it done during Covid unfortunately.

Yup, pretty misty here. We headed up to Kirriemuir and it only took 5-6 miles from the coast and it brightened up. Brought the sun back with us and headed out with a ride to work off the mahoosive ice cream Sharron brought me.

I was out yesterday with the Highland Classic Bike Group on my old Voodoo race 26" MTB now converted to gravel bike with 2" tyres on 29er rims.

We rode up the Great Glen Way to Abriachan from Inverness to the cafe in the woods there. The cafe has no roof, no walls, a very boggy mud floor, a very large pig snuffling around your feet and free range chickens looking for scraps.)

The sharp eyed will notice the bike now has gears, I've got a wee medical problem and been advised to take it easy, so I figured singlespeeding up to Abriachan like I did last time was probably not what the doc meant by taking it easy.

The tea and cake was excellent. :)

IMG_E3436.jpg

Back