Show us what you did today, thread

Reformed character Jim?
Or has the missus finally put her foot down?

Pretty sure there’s a theme to your collection but I just can’t spot it.

Annoyingly I was offered a solo place in this year's puffer which is on my bucket list a couple of days after I signed a contract with Tesco’s for a month's work in January working weekends. So darn and blast I have had to cancel my place to earn dosh in a supermarket...... aaaarrrrrrggggggggggg😬😬😬

Try again next year🙄

@jimo746 , I wouldn't worry too much Jimo as I will probably be right alongside you. I will be there and just doing laps with long breaks. I haven't been the best this last month and still have a couple of things ongoing hoping to be resolved but I will struggle to be able to push to even my usual mediocre pace but determined to be there anyway.
The weather up here was nice this afternoon and was hitting at least 4 degree so I did manage to get a late afternoon ride out on the Jack Taylor. Nothing fancy, just a decent backroad loop to try and keep the legs spinning as minimal riding over the last 3 weeks has left me behind where I wanted to be. Felt good so will hopefully be out tomorrow afternoon and as I am back to work on Monday I will try and get in some commutes on the LHT as well.

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Today the weather was pretty rubbish so not much happening ride wise, so after getting a few jobs out the way I thought maybe it was time to pull out of the loft my next build that I have slowly been gathering parts for and now I think I am close to being ready to build.
In July I purchased another Surly, this time I purchased a 46cm Sour Strawberry Sparkle, 650B Midnight Special, it was purchased for a gentlemans wife, partially built from what I can make out and if used, was only used lightly. Then at the end of July I purchased a set of lightly used Stans Arch MK3 wheels and some WTB tyres. These wheels are the boost ?? sort to match the frame.
I am going to build this with a Campagnolo Centaur 10speed Carbon group, BB7 brakes, Bontrager seatpost, Selcof gravel bars and a Brooks B17 saddle. These are the parts I have slowly collected and some I already had, such as the Centaur groupset, which has been in the loft for ages and I was considering selling, which I have changed bearings and cups on the Ultra Torque chainset for about £20, just need another BB7 and I am sorted.
I am normally always a Shimano person and then thought I have it sitting there so I will research whether it will work together. For once it seems I am lucky as the Centaur levers/Ergos will work fine with cable pull brakes and the Centaur 10 speed is the only one that works properly hassle free with a Shimano 10 speed cassette, which is what the Stans wheels take. And if it didn't I would sell the Centaur group and build up with Deore or such. Most of the gear besides the bars are from the parts bin so should not be too bad.
Oh and I have had to learn about tubeless and buy a bottle of Stans fluid :)
Just thought I would share on this Sunday evening.

Jamie

Campag by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Campag1 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back