Show us what you did today, thread

Looks a nice day for it with you Clubby :)
Jimo, the BB7's are mainly because I have one already and know setting them up etc, though Brian does keep saying that I should try the Spyres as he uses them on a few builds. I think the brakes are the last pieces I need besides a front rack. I do have a new handlebar/front rack bag coming for spring from 7 Roads, one of their gravel suitcases.
I got the frame for a very good price, about half of a new one but once I got into it properly and worked out what these drop outs needed wheel and axle wise I lost a bit of enthusiasm as it lost a bit of versatility but then not long after I seen these wheels for sale and the numbers all seemed to match so should come together nicely. I did look at a new frame and maybe paying it off interest free but it's hard to justify paying that much for a basic steel frame, plus for my size, in July the estimated deliver has gone out August 2023!
Looking forward to building it and then using it as my day to day and gravel ride. A bit lighter than my Trucker and really wanted to try the bigger 650B ride on a road/gravel type ride. Pretty much a modern version of one of my old Randonneur type builds, a day or overnight bike. A sort of replacement for the day runs that my Trucker does. Don't get me wrong as I still love my Trucker but this is just a change. The Trucker has served as my everyday commuter, tourer, audax, Caleb kid carrier, trailer hauler for about 12 years now. Looking at it that way and the mileage it's done it has been one of the best value bikes.
It has been a slow gathering of bits and I am really hoping the Campagnolo stuff works, it should as I have well researched it all but if it doesn't I am not that worried as I can sell it and fund a set of Deore cranks and some STI shifters or brake levers and down tubes shifters no worries.

Jamie

If anyone knows Jimo phone number can you pass it on as leaving for the Puffer in a short while. Or message him and tell him to check his pms as I have sent my number through, Or just give him my number 07969909692
Cheers guys

Jamie

Trp Spyres are very good cable disc brakes. Got a pair for small change at bike station and they stop me as good as older model hydraulic discs and use short travel levers so very versatile. Use shimano style pads too so easy to source.
Good luck at Puffer, hope weather is kind 🤞😉

Cheers Velo
Spyres sound like a worthwhile addition from what everyone is saying so will give them a shot.
Thanks for the Puffer wishes but to be honest I will be aiming to do a few laps spread over time as not been in the best of health this last month, with some ongoing issues still to be resolved. So while I have been determined to be at the start I am under no illusions that I have to take it easy, not that I have much choice anyway. So basically I will be slower than usual. Jimo is suffering from flu but will be here for breakfast so it looks like Brian is the top man 😉

Jamie

Today is Strathpuffer day!! And yet again I awoke with a sore throat, headache, and snotters 🤧. So I decided it best not to ride, but went to spectate, and track down the elusive lesser spotted Jamie & Brian.
I did see them as they *ahem* "ran" to their bikes at the start, and that was the last I saw of them 😅.
It was a lovely sunny, if cold, morning, riders coming back covered in nature's exfoliant after one lap showed it was a trifle muddy out on course .
I hope to be back, and riding it, next year, and I doff my cap to those riders still out there with a full night-shift left to go.

Screenshot_20230114-184325.jpg

Hello Macretro clan
It has been a while since I posted on here with the usual rides etc but I have been riding. Quite a good bit actually. I have been commuting quite a bit on the cargo bike and have been down riding with Brian on the Jack Taylor and was also out last weekend on the Mercian amongst other local rides. Lots going on and busy with work but trying to make the most of any decent weather. Just happy to be out riding. Hope everyone is doing well and will try and get down south for a ride soon.

Jamie

Untitled by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Obtained a frame for my inbetween bike with chunky 700c tyres. Not sure what bars it will end up with but planned to sit between my hard tail and Thorn Audax.

Nice comfy steel and should collect wheels early next week

Attachments

• D0C1539D-5FB8-4F7C-BD8E-8A1239CA2749.png
    D0C1539D-5FB8-4F7C-BD8E-8A1239CA2749.png
    555.2 KB · Views: 14
  • EDBD635B-6289-46B7-A43C-066E694260D5.png
    EDBD635B-6289-46B7-A43C-066E694260D5.png
    877.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 38A461B1-21E1-4372-90C8-C1205F40C0B4.png
    38A461B1-21E1-4372-90C8-C1205F40C0B4.png
    809.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 17AAAD21-7170-403D-9F51-101A495373A1.png