Scott Team Racing

MarinMartin

Marin Fan
So long story short this was gifted to me by a friend as he has too many projects (so do I really but always room for one more). I'm a bit confused on year because it has a canti hanger and boss mounts but also has a disc mount.

Plans wise it's going to be a bit of a parts bin special because that's all I can afford and it's too big for me to do anything really top notch with but I've always had a soft spot for Scotts and might be able to use it for touring . What would the original spec have been? Would it have been threadless or threaded forks (rigid/suspension) etc? And am I going to be lucky and find it's a common size seatpost or a weird size? Cheers everyone.

Attachments

• scott.jpg
    scott.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 894
Re:

Martin

Nice frame. I've always had a soft spot for Scotts.

I think it is a 1995 model. Below is a pick and link to forum post for a Pro Racing with same print font etc. Team versions were always nice frames.

I can't help but think the disc brake tabs have been welded afterward. Can you see any evidence re fresh paint, slight colour change etc?
If not, given it is a Team frame, I suppose there is a remote chance it was factory built as such because it was raced.

6MdqPo.jpg

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... p;t=334166

Re:

This is what I was thinking as I haven't seen any others with disc brakes but it looks a good job. I'm guessing it had discs fitted because the brake bosses have been removed. Looking at it closely I would say the whole rear triangle has been repainted at some point but identical in colour and whoever attached the disc mount did a damn good job.

Obviously it was upgraded, has a rather modern shimano hollowtech crankset fitted but I'll probably steal that for another bike and fit a slightly more retro set. Can't ride much at the moment due to an injury hence the reason I have so many projects on the go but nearly finished my Marin so this is next on the list.

Re: Re:

Gerard":39a0akpk said:
Here you go, Scott 1995 catalog (German I'm afraid). No disc mounts on a Team Racing frame.
Scott 1995
Thanks for sharing my scans on my page :)
Yes, that's definitly '95 model, last year of cro-moly Racing Series :) Unfortunately someone destroyed the frame I'm affraid (yes, I mean disc brake adaptor, which definitly isn't oryginal) - tubes in that frames are quite thin, so welding temperature don't makes them good :(

Re:

Ah that's a bit of a bummer. oh well. Didn't cost me anything and has a good crankset so will take that off and just throw some budget 21 speed parts onto it. Will find a use for it. Too big for me to use off road anyway so it will become the pub bike or something like that.

Back