SBDU Raleigh Maverick Pro

Really like these early Mavericks, I’d have had a bid if it were closer to home.

I’m sure I remember seeing one in the original National Cycle Museum in Lincoln back in the ‘80s as an example of the “Mountain Bike Craze”!
I'll definitely have one - if not two - Mavericks available soon, so you may be in luck :)

Here's a large one, one day to run and sitting at a bidless £45 right now

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Here's a large one, one day to run and sitting at a bidless £45 right now
That one’s a slightly different beast, pressed dropouts and lower spec. There were several in the range, I think only the top two had the cast dropouts which marks them out from the others. They had better spec as well mostly Suntour like the one in the OP and bear trap pedals.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
There are Mavericks and Mavericks …. Check out the frame details on Rayfenwickis score: oversize seatstay caps are the giveaway of it being built in SBDU batcave. A gentle clean and refettle, decent saddle and you’ve got the equivalent of an old Alvis to tool around on.

Back