SB9443 Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama

Re: Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama (Finished P7)

Very well done, the time, effort and the determination of tracking down all the relevant items was definitely worth it, very nice piece of work.
Wouldn't it be something if the all the major tours had a special vintage/classic race only on machines either made before 1995 or new replicas with all the more subtle livery and clothing, now that I would be interested in watching.

For a moment, I was 17 again, just a moment...

Superb build.

Re:

Thanks guys for the kind words, I'm glad you all like it. I for one have loved this build from the custom decals to the finishing touches like the computer.
I will lightly ride it come the summer but so much of the fun for me is finding all the bits and getting as close as possible.

That's really a masterpiece.
Congrats on your determination to make it nothing less than perfect!

Managed to find and buy a pair of perfect NOS black ITM bars, not sure whether to fit them now or not thou.

The 'only' thing I did differently is the 'WOLBER' lettering on the wheels.

I've fitted mine in alternate gaps, spaced centrally on the valve hole.

Otherwise only one word describes this build...errrrrrrrrr dribble, okay 2!

I don't know how I missed this earlier, but it's really easy to comment on a thread like this.

AWESOME. :cool: :mrgreen:

The paintwork on this frame looks amazing on pictures, can't imagine how good it looks in the flesh but I bet it pings nicely in certain lights?
I know you wanted to keep it to as near original as possible but I wouldn't have had the heart to cover that paint with decals.
Great work and a very nice bike.
Now go have fun on it.

Leigh

Back