SB9443 Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama

Re: Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama (Finished P7)

Thanks guys, really appreciate all the comments. I enjoyed doing it even if I did find it harder working with and matching up Campagnolo compared to Shimano.

I do intend on riding it on a perfectly dry summers day, however I must admit that I'm getting more and more nervous about the thought of riding it and put those 1st mark on all the nos c record.

You just have to console yourself that now it's fitted it's no longer nos! :LOL:

Fantastic picture, thanks for the share. I couldn't find any more of him on the dynatech. Will have to search for this race now.

Re:

I got it from the Jan./Feb. 1990 Winning Magazine There are other photos with Fignon in the background racing the Tour of Lombardy and I could see the faint outline of that large head tube lug. I would guess that he rode the Dynatech in the '89 Fall classics.

Hmm, so shall I put the black bars on or not ??? Mines not Fignons bike rather Jeans but I have built to Fignon spec...............

It depends. Are you building a Castorama bike or a Systeme U bike? It looks like you're going for the 90 Castorama team look so the silver would be correct. Besides, the real Bagot bike probably had Dura Ace STI anyway.

Re:

My frame is stamped 90

In 89 it was Super U and Campagnolo
In 90 it was Castorama and Campagnolo
In 91 was Castorama and Dura Ace sti

The only pics of the dyna tech in use that I can find are 89

Re:

Below I pulled a photo from June 1990 Winning magazine showing Fignon on the Dynatech. It's tough to see in the photo but under the magnifying glass the outline of the large head tube lug is visible. He also ditched the downtube shifter covers.

But your bike raises more questions than answers. First, Bagot raced on R.M.O in 1990 and was not on Castorama until 1991. So the question is, why was a Systeme U/Castorama Raleigh built for him in 1990? The second photo is going to cloudy the waters even further. I pulled it from the July 1990 Winning magazine. Here you have a 1990 bike in Systeme U/Castorama livery but with Shimano STI! Plus, the magazine describes the bike as Philipe Louviot's bike. The same Philip Louviot that raced for Team Z/Peugot in 89 and Toshiba in 90 NOT Systeme U or Castorama. That bike should not be seen with STI until 1991. So why is Louviot riding a Systeme U/Castorama bike?!

Here is my theory. Perhaps in the 1990 Worlds, some French riders were given Raleigh's with Castorama paint job to race. Perhaps Bagot rode your bike in the 90 Worlds. I cannot think of any other explanation.

Attachments

• Louviot 1990.JPG
    Louviot 1990.JPG
    242.8 KB · Views: 1,421
  • Fignon 90 Dyna.jpg
    Fignon 90 Dyna.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 1,421

Indeed, more questions .........

I did think that my self that either they gave him my bike in 90 to practise on and get use to before racing for the team in 91. Or that it was made in 90 but not used until 91.

Back