SB9443 Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama

Re:

That is one possibility and actually makes a lot of sense. In 1990 all parties were likely aware Bagot would be racing for Castorama in 91 so they built the bike in 90 so as to have it ready for him by the next season. I would imagine that the various teams placed their frame orders during the previous year so that all racers would have their bikes ready to go by the start of the next season. That still does not explain why Louviot would ride one in 1990. His bike should have been a Look. I will watch my video of the 90 Worlds to see what I can figure out. Anyway, based on the photos I posted, if you're going for the 90 Castorama look, you can just leave the silver bars on. Now all you need is the coveralls with striped undershirt.

Re:

Ha, I already have the 91 Castorama kit ready to go :)

Even in recent year rider's have ridden their next year's team bikes towards end of current season

Re:

Louviot rode for Toshiba in 1990, there are pictures online, and on Retrobike too, of riders on Super U Raleigh/Castorama frames in Toshiba jerseys.
Always confusion in retro land!

Re:

Hi Maca/everybody

Can you find out from your painter what was the paint reference code for the pearl white paint? I can't find any reference on the internet for the paint used.
I ordered some white pearl on the internet and it just looks too white, if that makes sense, i have seen it called oyster pearl for the Raleigh Panasonics, however I couldn't find any paint code for that either.
Hoping anyone can help!

Regards,

Pat

Re: Re:

cloonaghpat":2t094muv said:
Hi Maca/everybody

Can you find out from your painter what was the paint reference code for the pearl white paint? I can't find any reference on the internet for the paint used.
I ordered some white pearl on the internet and it just looks too white, if that makes sense, i have seen it called oyster pearl for the Raleigh Panasonics, however I couldn't find any paint code for that either.
Hoping anyone can help!

Regards,

Pat

I'll ask him, some times he can be quite guraded about exact codes he uses for exact finishes. I sure he said that it was a white Base with a clear pearl top coat rather than a pearl paint but I might be wrong.

Re: Re:

Maca":3oqm7jza said:
cloonaghpat":3oqm7jza said:
Hi Maca/everybody

Hoping anyone can help!

Regards,

Pat

I'll ask him, some times he can be quite guraded about exact codes he uses for exact finishes. I sure he said that it was a white Base with a clear pearl top coat rather than a pearl paint but I might be wrong.

I've spoken to him and as I thought its a two stage process he used, white base and then xirallic crystal silver which comes as pure pigment thinned and added to a binder which is then sprayed over the top.

Don't know how you would do that at home, the Finish on the Panasonic is similar but uses a more bluely pigment to give that oyster finish.

Might be worth speaking to my painter and getting it done, he's not expensive.

Re: Team Owned Raleigh 753 Dyna-Tech Castorama (Finished P7)

Few little up dates:

Correct year / style water bottles added, Number spacing on number plate adjusted and correct 700 x 23c Supercomp tyres found and fitted.

Re:

What a gorgeous build. I am very jealous. With this being a Dyna Tech does this mean it is a glued frame ? I had a Dynatech mountainbike but the glue went bad and the bottom bracket shell came away from the frame. Always makes me a bit wary of the glued bikes. I havent heard anyone else having similar problems so I was just probably unlucky.

Great Job !!!

Back