Sachs 7spd freewheel 12-28t or similar - Sorted

Once A Hero

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Looking for a Sachs 7spd freewheel in 12-28t form or similar tooth count, max might need to be 28 - I'll have to check the mech I've got in mind.
Ideally in VGC or certainly with plenty of life left.

I'm not familiar with the different LY codes so please feel free to educate me.
It will be destined for a Bullseye hub if that matters?

Re: Sachs 7spd freewheel 12-28t or similar

Pretty sure I have one in decent nick, I’ll be able to check late tomorrow

I might be able to make one up for you if baj doesn't .

Re:

Does it have to be Sachs? I use Sunrace and have never had a problem with them. You can buy them new and cheap on eBay. Compatible with pretty much anything else, just fairly heavy that’s all.

Star12

baj":3815twod said:
Sorry, it’s a shimano

Ah, rats - but thanks for looking.

mdvineng":3815twod said:
I might be able to make one up for you if baj doesn't .

Reckon you have the bits to compile one? I hadn't considered them as 'buildable'.
I've not forgotten your assistance in the past by the way ;)

Star12":3815twod said:
Does it have to be Sachs? I use Sunrace and have never had a problem with them. You can buy them new and cheap on eBay. Compatible with pretty much anything else, just fairly heavy that’s all.

Star12

I'm working on the basis that Sachs is more period correct (early 90's)?, and they seem well made. I'm not really familiar with Sunrace - are they a modern solution to solve a retro supply problem? Sachs are heavy enough so I doubt there would be much in it. I do have a Sunrace 9 spd cassette so assumed they emerged at the turn of the century/very late 90's.

I've built one this morning 12 13 15 17 20 23 28t
Freewheel and 5 cogs nos and 2 lightly used.

Re:

No, Sunrace are and old Company. It was their 7-Speed Freewheels I was referring to; that I use. They also do 6-Speed Freewheels. Good luck with finding a solution. :)

Star12

Latest posts

Back