Rocky Mountain Altitude

takeawaydave

Dirt Disciple
Good news for my son - we were stopping by a supermarket today to pick up a pizza slice and decided to check out the second hand / thrift store next door quickly.

A Rocky Mountain Altitude was parked outside and had just been dropped off to the shop that morning.Seems to be a perfect fit for my son.

The length of the down tube is 18”. I think it might be a small.

Here are some photos.

Let me know what you’ll think. Still wondering what year it is in and how original the spec might be.

bAiprrb.jpg

bgUvVda.jpg

sqjQ6Zp.jpg

Full size showing much more detail https://i.imgur.com/gL3xmXc.jpg.

Re:

I would snap that up quick. It's a killer frame and looks to be in really mint condition.

They go for good money and second only to the Ti-Bolt!

Snapped to up today - lovely light frame and handles and runs beautifully. I'm thinking its a 97 but not entirely sure. Came with quite a coat of dust - I suspect it had been collecting dust for quite a few years :)

Very nice, if you ever decide to part with it... :)

Its a '96 and medium :cool:

Re:

mk one":v4s9cfgd said:
Very nice, if you ever decide to part with it... :)

Its a '96 and medium :cool:

Aha - thanks for confirming - I suspect it was with 96 or 97 due to the “15 years” sticker. I’ll be sure to ask my son to lock it well and not too knock around too much.

Thinking about it though I was really after a small for him and the reach on the medium is a little far...

freddok":1utv28tm said:
I think I 'll go buy some pizzas tomorrow... :LOL:

Well my son’s logic was something similar after I’d bought it... (“you wouldn’t have bought it if I had asked for a pizza slice”)

Back