Rock shox 1 / RS1 service howto?

Thias

Klein Fan
Hey,
I am currently rebuilding a very sad Klein pinnacle from 1990. It came with a RS1 fork, a sad one, also. This is the first time I have my dirty mits on one of those so I am trying to be careful. I searched the interwebs for some information about servicing them but to no avail.

I managed to remove the valve body to change the oil. But of couse I dont know the weight of the oil nor to witch height to fill up.

Can anybody help me with that?

Cheers!
Matthias

(Of course I would like to completely disassemble that fork, but I dont have spare seals yet, so I will have to wait until then. It would be interresting thou to know, how they come apart. Is it the same as the Mag forks? I did a few of those.)

Thank you for your responses!
That manual answers all my questions! Is it OK if I put the link up on other pages (like the german mtb-news.de forum)?

Fluffychicken: Thank you for your offer, but as usual I fear that the (ridiculous) shipping cost to Europe will make it impossible to send those seals to me.
But I would be happy to know the sizes. Inside diameter seems to be 1", like the Mag's. Outside? Hmm. I'm a metric fan boy and I have to admit: I'm not good in measuring and understanding the imperial system. :facepalm:

Thias":12s1zdk0 said:
Thank you for your responses!
That manual answers all my questions! Is it OK if I put the link up on other pages (like the german mtb-news.de forum)?

Sure, I think I got all of the individual pages from on here and complied them into a single PDF. You may want to create a link of your own as the PDF is on my server and maybe deleted.

Back