Road Frames c.1975-85.. Un-vague us!

Re:

Thanks bagpuss.. all grist to the mill, and further confirmation of my assertion elsewhere that the price of a 531db frame was more or less at parity with the average weekly wage in the UK.

Re:

9 squid for a Campag headset? What would that be roughly in today's money? And fitting and VAT was extra if I read it right!

Re:

Very roughly, £62.50 for a frame- call it £63... at parity with contemporary average weekly wage. £9 goes into £63 seven times.

Average weekly wage is supposedly about £500 these days. Sevens into 500 goes over seventy times, so that'd be seventy-something quid.

Re: Re:

torqueless":1dq8w6tn said:
Very roughly, £62.50 for a frame- call it £63... at parity with contemporary average weekly wage. £9 goes into £63 seven times.

Average weekly wage is supposedly about £500 these days. Sevens into 500 goes over seventy times, so that'd be seventy-something quid.

Campag was the gold standard in those days, prices to match then.

Great thread!

I can only add that I have a 1977 Daniel Salmon with recessed allen fit brakes - Mafac centre pulls too! :facepalm:

(as bought)

file.php

legrandefromage":2lyfrvxy said:
Great thread!

I can only add that I have a 1977 Daniel Salmon with recessed allen fit brakes - Mafac centre pulls too! :facepalm:

(as bought)

file.php

Is that a Milremo pump?! :D

Back