Retrobike Touring.

Getting my set up tweaked for an overnight trip in May.

I need some advice/thoughts on handlebar bags and how people are fitting lights.

The bag/bracket I have takes up the space on my bars do I can't fit the light there. I did think of fabricating a bracket to fit the forks but the back obscures this too.

I have a blinker light for during the day for cars to see me, but wanted somewhere to fit a light so I can see that stays in place.

Any ideas, thoughts , pictures of your set up 🤔👍
I have thought about the accessory bar / handlebar extender option for my touring bike.

SJS has lots of options, including ones that are stem cap or steering tube rather than bar mounted (for non-quill stems) , and Amazon and eBay have the simpler ones.

I'm interested to know what you go for.

I have thought about the accessory bar / handlebar extender option for my touring bike.

SJS has lots of options, including ones that are stem cap or steering tube rather than bar mounted (for non-quill stems) , and Amazon and eBay have the simpler ones.

I'm interested to know what you go for.
Thanks, I'll check out what they have.

I really need to find a way to fit my Leyzne front light so its effective with a bar bag.

If its a lezyne light with 'rubber band' fitment, when my bar bag obscured the bars I just put the light on my drive-side fork leg a couple of inches below the canti boss. Certainly worked as a 'be seen' application, but I didn't ride at night so unsure if it would work for lighting the way.

I'll give that a try later, the lens is rectangle so would be vertical rather than horizontal but would still give a decent beam 👍

During my last trip in October getting caught out on the New Forest roads in the dark, with an obscured front light was a little scary.

Back