For Sale 'Retro Punctures'!

Would you accept 1 Ningis for it posted to Alpha Centauri?

Oh.....hang on, ive only got a Triganic Pu in my wallet.....do you have change?

Do you also have retro air? I lost most of mine when I got a previous puncture 😞

I've been saving some retro tears for just such an occasion, and I think I still have some retro cursing somewhere in storage (NSFW, even though it's the mild, pre-internet stuff).

I heard somewhere that Gary Fisher once used leaves instead of air to fix a flat BITD, but I think retro-leaves are extremely rare nowadays and likely quite costly.

While still in Virginia (lush terrain), I used Mr Tuffy liners for the first half of the 90's and had only a single sidewall snag. After moving to SoCal (harsh terrain), I found out about Slime (TM) tire sealant, and I never had a problem after that, in spite of all the hard pointy things in the desert. Oh sure, they'd stick to the tires, but the green slime would heal it FAST. Amazing stuff. (This is a non-paid endorsement, so pay me enough and I'll recommend something else instead 😉 ).

Did once ride my mate's Raleigh Nitro 18 miles over the rolling Lincolnshire Wolds with a back tyre stuffed with grass.He just rode alongside on my new Indian Fire Trail,laughing at my discomfort/puffing and panting most of the way.Sums up the kind of mate he was🙄.Stopped to repack/recover a lot but got us home.Spent a lot of time with my full weight on the bars,kicking back at the pedals like a dog in a letterbox.
Think it was an old MBUK tip.
Regarding the Retro-Punctures,I'm looking for an era correct hedgehog spine for a '94 I.F.T.,trying to keep it to my original spec.Would be the icing on the cake LGF!🦔🤏😁🙏

Last edited:
All items need a firm price as per the forum rules.

Indeed.

1.2 The Advert
All adverts to include a price,
this includes responses to wanted adverts. We suggest all adverts should include full details and a picture.
No "offers over" or "best offer above" adverts allowed. If you want an auction go to https://www.ebay.co.uk and pay their fees.

:p

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I've never had a response to a wanted ad that included a price! I didn't even know that was the rules! Wow.

Free Sample Puncture Feedback

Whilst the free sample puncture gave all I could possibly want in a puncture (see below), and understand your need to get market place visibility for your product (in what is a well contested market place), please could you now remove me from your Beta test team.

The puncture in question was definitely at the premium end of the market, giving a quiet, almost unperceptible deflation over a few minutes. None that noisy hissing and rapid deflation some cheaper more obvious punctures offer. The feeling of quality didn’t end there, with all evidence of the cause of the air loss beautifully hidden from sight, with no indication of a hole in the inner tube, nor of any suggestion of any offending pointy bits left in the tyre.

I look forward to not having use your “Stealthy Puncture” product in the future. However, if a stealthy puncture is what you are looking for, this is up there with the best.

Thank you, and good luck with your product.

Back